TV loses signal while HDR-2000t boots up

timothyf1

I just got an HDR-2000t 1TB, the situation is when watching TV through the TV's internal tuner, which is connected to the RF output on the HDR-2000t.

Turning the HDR-2000t on from standby, causes the TV to lose signal for about 15 seconds.

I have power saving turned off.

Edit - This also happens when the 2000t boots up for recordings

Last edited:
I always did think it was a hardware cock-up, and was amazed that a firmware update could cure it. The "cure" now seems to be better described as a "work-around" - an alternative work-around being a splitter (or just use the TV as a display and have the Humax providing the tuning permanently).

Humax seem to be masters of a lack of finesse.
But I could say that about other companies whose kit/software I have the misfortune to have to deal with as well.

I have power saving turned off.
When I have power saving off my RF loop through is continuous during start-up.

I only get a drop out during if I the HDR-2000T power saving turned on with some channels which aren't quiet as very strong as the strongest channels.
(And before anyone comments - no this isn't my usual set-up!)

If I have power saving in stand-by off my HDR-2000T starts up within seconds. It is no where near as long as 15 seconds and so could not interfere with the loop through for that long (and does not interfere at all with the loop through).

I'm wondering if you have a very strong signal and that the power saving in standby is back to being 'off'. Please could you check on the HDR-2000T's power saving setting?

Humax seem to be masters of a lack of finesse.
But I could say that about other companies whose kit/software I have the misfortune to have to deal with as well.
My YouView boxes loop through is an example of my similar experience.

Youview have 2 seperate settings for power saving - one for general eco mode and another one for loop through.

To achieve loop through on my Humax box you need enable loop through AND disable eco mode.
To achieve loop through on my Huwei box only the RF loop through option needs to be enabled, which appears OK until you realise that it does loose loop through for 9 seconds from start-up when in eco mode but not in non-eco mode.

Perhaps the OP's problem is interference of some kind blotting out a weak signal during boot-up rather than a loss of loop through altogether? HDMI?

Back