TV Portal appears to load but doesn't display.

Dave F.

Hi

Unsure if this is directly a CF problem (Is it customised by the CF?).

When I press the Portal button the rotating icon displays on screen for a bout 4 seconds but the portal screen doesn't display, just the normal TV picture. When I press Exit the ' Humax TV Portal has ended'. Any ideas? I've tried a basic reboot & turning it off a the socket.

Failing a solution I was considering a factory reset. Do schedule backups survive a reset? It's unclear to me from the wiki if that's the case.
From another thread I saw that they're stored in folder /mod/var/backup. Using Filezilla I'm unable to locate it. What do I need to do view that folder?

upload_2016-1-18_22-9-22.png

Nothing terribly unusual about that. We figure the Humax servers have hiccups sometimes. No need to do a reset or anything, just try it another time.

Factory resets are not destructive unless you opt for a disk format. You will just be obliged to do a retune and then restore your schedule.

Yes it is, thanks. Although with only a dozen apps & very slow I'm unsure of it's worth.

I also got the Betaftpd to work, although, a minor problem in Filezilla is in the Remote Site pane it displays the My Video folder unexpanded after connecting. Is there a tweak to expand it to list it's subfolders?

The default remote directory is /mnt/hd2/My Video.
upload_2016-1-31_19-42-4.png

That's pretty much what you get with the standard ftp login. If you change the login to "root" "root" you will get access to the whole file system.

Hi I have the same problem. It was working a few weeks ago. I lots of problems with my internet but today i finally noticed the server working on clients. Last time it worked briefly but I had to wait about a minute for it to start, this never happened before it was fast. I'm connecting using a cable direct to my router. I can even access it on my PC by typing in my IP address. Please help. The only not thing not working is the tv portal. The above info does not help or I could not find it (http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#Betaftpd). Thanks, hope you can help.

Are you simply talking about the standard Humax HDR-FOX "TV Portal" button? When that happens to me, all I do is exit the portal and try again. You have to give it a few seconds, even if the spinner disappears from the screen.

If the HDR-FOX can't reach the Internet it will tell you there is no network connection, after a while (although there might be a network connection, just not an Internet connection).

All the stuff about FTP etc previously in this topic are just attempts to confirm a local network connection, on the assumption that a network connection implies an Internet connection if other things on the network can reach the Internet (but that depends on the router behaving itself).

There are many reasons the TV Portal doesn't work at times, including the Humax servers being flakey. Sometimes one person can be getting service while another cannot! The HDR-FOX also has a tendency to crash when starting up the portal. But above all, the portal is no longer compatible with firmware pre-1.03.xx.

The bottom line is: don't panic, just be patient. Check your firmware version (Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information >> Software Version). And if you really can't put up with it, get a Roku box or something.

Are you simply talking about the standard Humax HDR-FOX "TV Portal" button? When that happens to me, all I do is exit the portal and try again. You have to give it a few seconds, even if the spinner disappears from the screen.

If the HDR-FOX can't reach the Internet it will tell you there is no network connection, after a while (although there might be a network connection, just not an Internet connection).

All the stuff about FTP etc previously in this topic are just attempts to confirm a local network connection, on the assumption that a network connection implies an Internet connection if other things on the network can reach the Internet (but that depends on the router behaving itself).

There are many reasons the TV Portal doesn't work at times, including the Humax servers being flakey. Sometimes one person can be getting service while another cannot! The HDR-FOX also has a tendency to crash when starting up the portal. But above all, the portal is no longer compatible with firmware pre-1.03.xx.

The bottom line is: don't panic, just be patient. Check your firmware version (Menu >> Settings >> System >> System Information >> Software Version). And if you really can't put up with it, get a Roku box or something.
thanks yes just the button. it is not working period. but as I said the server side of things started to work, real important. to be honest thinkING about it there is not much there anyway. maybe it will just start working by itself one day. thanks anyway.

Back