TV Portal Catches Up

Ezra Pound

I see that the Standard TV portal has finally added 3 new features, Picasa, Teletext Holidays and Facebook, So we obviously have some duplication with the Custom TV Portal. The Standard Portal is no longer BETA either so that is probably all we are going to get ! ! !

I thought Sky was waiting in the wings? Don't you reckon they'll bring that in? Not that I want it particularly you understand...

I thought Sky was waiting in the wings? Don't you reckon they'll bring that in? Not that I want it particularly you understand...

I have no interest in it either, But as you say it was quite heavily rumoured that Humax were close to releasing this. I suppose it gives hope of another release, Maybe with 4OD, Demand5, doubtful, But . . .

I cant seem to be able to log into facebook on it. Keeps giivng me wrong username/password yet email and passwors is correct.

If i then log into facebook on a pc it says that someone from Seoul has tried accessing or logging into my account from there. I know this will be the box, therefore i have allowed it, but still gives me the error :/

I had that when playing with it. As long as you accept the notice on a pc that it is expected location, it will then work.
Its a Facebook security feature.

Just had a look at the new Facebook app. It's exactly the same one as before.
Slow and the videos still do not play.
What was the point humax? Did you only do speed testing in Korea? And then forget to test the video player?
And why release this now when the twitter app has been ready for months?

Has anyone else noticed that on the TV portal if you have the HDR it shows HD FOX-T2 and a picture of the HD box ? I noticed this today after I installed the custom firmware at first I thought Teletext Holidays etc and the incorrect box title was due to the custom firmware but after reading this I am not sure.

On a normal HDR with normal firmware how does the TV portal Apps get updated ?

Has anyone else noticed that on the TV portal if you have the HDR it shows HD FOX-T2 and a picture of the HD box ? I noticed this today after I installed the custom firmware at first I thought Teletext Holidays etc and the incorrect box title was due to the custom firmware but after reading this I am not sure.
On a normal HDR with normal firmware how does the TV portal Apps get updated ?

I have heard it said (Although I don't believe it ) that the HDR logon shows the HD and vice-versa as an advert. for the other product, It isn't down to the Custom TV Portal. The standard portal is just a Humax website that the box goes to, so that Humax can change the content 'their end'

It is true that the TV Portal home page on the HDR-FOX shows a picture of the HD-FOX, and vice versa. Whether it is really meant to be an advert I don't know.

Back