TV Portal doesn't display

mike_m

Apologies if this topic has been thrashed out already - but I've read all the threads (I think!) and they all seem to relate either to BBC IPlayer, or to shortcomings in 1.02.xx firmware, or to a failure in the WiFi connection.

My problem is different: I've been using the TV portal happily for a long time, but in the last week or so (can't give the exact time, because I don't remember when I last used it successfully), when I press the TV Portal button, I get the usual "Loading..." black square with the rotating lines - but after that, nothing - whichever TV channel was playing continues, but no TV Portal page. The display on the Humax has "HUMAX TV PORTAL" scrolling across it. When I press Exit on the remote, I get the usual "Humax TV Portal has ended" message.

I get no error messages, just no Portal startup page. I've tried leaving it for several minutes (I know that the Portal is sometimes slow to load) but no joy.

My HDR Fox T2 is connected to WiFi ("Connected to WiFi, Speed 54.0 mbps" is displayed). Also, I can connect to the Humax from my PC and browse media, etc. I'm running FHTCP 1.03.12 (installed 7th Feb 2014) and Custom Firmware HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_2.22 (installed 2nd Mar 2014).

Has anyone else come across this?

We get reports from time to time that the portal can't connect, and I have also experienced it. These seem to be a case of the remote servers having some kind of trouble which affects individuals rather than everyone, and it resolves itself in a few days.

I am not aware of any test that can be done (even with CF) to confirm this, or of any way to recover it. I do however recommend you reboot your router in case that is the problem.

We get reports from time to time that the portal can't connect, and I have also experienced it. These seem to be a case of the remote servers having some kind of trouble which affects individuals rather than everyone, and it resolves itself in a few days.

I am not aware of any test that can be done (even with CF) to confirm this, or of any way to recover it. I do however recommend you reboot your router in case that is the problem.

I came home today from several weeks away to find the same problem. Rebooting the router did not solve it. I guess I'll just have to wait till it clears up.

What makes it more annoying is that I have the custom firmware, and had done a remote scheduling of some things I wanted to watch. But from the time I went away until my return my Human had not synced with the remote scheduler, though it had been fine previously, and is ok now I manually turned my machine on.

Are there any changes planned in the portal now that the catch-up period has been extended?

Back