TV Portal Format Has Changed

Stu,
Just spotted this change and trying to create an account but keeps telling me eMail I'm entering is invalid. I'm seeing two fields with "@" embedded on the form and have tried all combinations. Have you manage to det anywhere?

Yes I registered fine I just put the first part of the email in the left box and the second part after the @ in the second box.

Well done that and a dialogue box comes back and asks if the enetered email address is correct.............(it is) fill in and verify a password.....the user name is the first part of your email.......submit and I get incorrect eMail!!! Most annoying

Same problem BUT on the form it says 'required information all MEMBERS' Members of what? Is this previous product registration details...?
Please enter the following information to create an account.
Required information (All members)

I've had a HDR-FOX T2 and HD-FOX T2 for a couple of years now (used to have two Toppys); I've just selected 'TV Portal' to find the appearance has has change, it's labelled 'TV APPS', Internet radio now works and it asked me to register on myhumax.net using a reg' code given by the portal. I've been on 1.02.29 since July.

Registered on myhumax.com, using the reg' code generated for me on my Humax TV Portal, only to be told my device is not compatable - bah, what's the point?

Can anyone explain please?

Weird, wasn't expecting humax to roll out anything new at this point. Will have to check this tommorow, but a quick look at the site shows a remote scheduling feature!
Maybe they are finally paying attention to the mods?

Registered on myhumax.com, using the reg' code generated for me on my Humax TV Portal, only to be told my device is not compatable - bah, what's the point?

Can anyone explain please?
According to Barry over on MyHumax.org an update to the browser in the HDR software will be required and currently it isn't clear when this will be available.

I just tried it on the HD-FOX and although the appearance has changed (like a tile interface) I was still able to access iPlayer. There was a "reg code" button but I ignored that. I will try the same on the HDR-FOX shortly.

Ditto HDR-FOX. I can access iPlayer, I had to agree to the privacy policy to access YouTube, and I can access Internet Radio - all without bothering with a reg code.

HDR-FOX is on 1.02.20, HD-FOX is running 1.02.29.

Could it be new users who have not before accessed the TV Portal are falling into this pit?

A pit-fall!

I thought the earlier posts indicated they couldn't access the services without this reg code thing, but on second reading they only specify Internet Radio - but I can still access Internet Radio without a reg code so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

Either way as long as I can still access iPlayer (and rip the stream) that's all I care about.

Well thats really great its wiped all my radio channels that were saved and took ages to search for and add. Good old Humax w******s

One major change I have noticed from the new format of the TV Portal, the old portal continued the live channel in the PiP until an app was selected. Now there is no PiP (OK - I know it's not strictly a PiP).

For what it's worth I much preferred the old portal. I don't suppose we have a backup of it somewhere, available to re-skin the portal?

Back