TV Portal - how is it supposed to work?

b0redom

Hi,
I've got a HDR-FOX T2 running customer firmware 2.19. When I go to humax portal, instead of the previous black screen with icons I can select which I had with the official firmware (I only ever use iPlayer), I now get a bar along the bottom with:

Humax Custom Apps Xtra =Menu

When I press 'red' I get

Humax Portal
1. Original Humax Portal
----------
2. BBC iPlayer
3. Internet Radio
8. Teletext Holidays

But I don't appear to be able to select any of them. Am I supposed to select using the number buttons? Arrow keys?

If I just hit 'OK' I get 'Type Error' next to =Menu
If I press anything else nothing happens.

If it makes any difference I'm using a Harmony One to control the Humax. I'm being shouted at the kids because they can't watch CBeebies anymore on iPlayer!

Thanks...

Tom

It sounds like you are using portal-xtra1, this is not currently compatible with custom firmware versions based on 1.03.06 or later.

Which firmware version are you using?

I see from your post HERE, that you are using 1.03.06/2.19 as well as portal-xtra1. You will need to uninstall portal-xtra1 and stay with the Humax portal, or you could try the new-portal instead.

...But I don't appear to be able to select any of them. Am I supposed to select using the number buttons? Arrow keys?
The newer Humax firmware (specifically 1.03.06 and 1.03.11 at the time of writing) has a new web browser which is not compatible with the original custom portals custom-portal and portal-xtra1, as you have discovered.

As above, you need to uninstall portal-xtra1, and either settle for the standard TV Portal or try new-portal (which is only compatible with the new browser, as far as I know).

Thanks for the very rapid responses! I've installed new-portal, and am currently enjoying a NumTums fest with my 11 month old! :frantic:

Back