TV portal not working

ckadam

Hi,

When I click on TV portal my tv displays 'connecting' for a couple of seconds, my humax box displays 'humax tv portal' but nothing else happens . I then have to press exit if I want to do anything else and my tv displays 'tv portal has ended'.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Karen

That would normally mean that your Humax isn't connected to the Internet or that its clock isn't set properly (which usually means it isn't connected to an aerial). If you go into the Humax menu under Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN, what do you see?

That would normally mean that your Humax isn't connected to the Internet or that its clock isn't set properly (which usually means it isn't connected to an aerial). If you go into the Humax menu under Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN, what do you see?
It hasn't worked on my box for several weeks. It displays an Alert message:

"An error occured whilst launching the application http://localhost/portal/index.html"

Aerial and internet connected. Screensaver clock 3 seconds slow.
I do not use the portal, my TV does it all.

I get :

Confiure ip dhcp (this is in bold)

The parts below are light grey.

IP address 192.168.1v 2
Netmask 255.255.255.0
Gateway
address 192.168.1.1
DNS address 192.168.1.1

We are able to watch tv
thru the humax box

Thanks
Karen

Hi,

When I click on TV portal my tv displays 'connecting' for a couple of seconds, my humax box displays 'humax tv portal' but nothing else happens . I then have to press exit if I want to do anything else and my tv displays 'tv portal has ended'.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Karen
I don't think there is anything particularly wrong here, it just needs patience at times. Give the portal another try. If the problems persist we'll have to think again.

Have you had the custom portal installed and removed it?
Possibly. I replaced my Buffalo USB HDD, which went read only (again), with another one, same model. After it was formatted etc. by the Fox I download the full Web Interface but not everything I had installed before. Definitely not Custom Portal.
If I had it installed before would it have affected the standard portal?
As I mentioned earlier I do not use it but commented in case it threw some light on the subject.

If I had it installed before would it have affected the standard portal?
Yes. The link to the standard portal has been replaced with a link to the custom portal (which would have been on the HDD at the time). Now the custom portal is no longer there but the link still tries to point to it. One way to sort this out would be to reflash standard firmware and then add custom firmware again.

or run the remove_portals diagnostic to get rid of the leftover files.

I have just tried the TV Portal again after a reboot and all seems well. Thanks.

or run the remove_portals diagnostic to get rid of the leftover files.

For the record it just fixed my problem with the error message described. I'd been switching in an out of HDR mode on an HD and in the HD mode it decided that it didn't want to show the portal. I had, had a few crashes etc.

Back