TV Portal

Rich23

I agree with comments about the shortcomings of the TV portal so decided that full internet functionality could only be achieved via my 4 year old Toshiba Laptop (running Windows 8) plugged into the TV via an HDMI cable. Several people have posted elsewhere that they have problems with no sound on TV using this method. From my experience you can get sound through the TV and mute the laptop speakers by going to Control Panel - Hardware & Sound - Sound - Playback tab - and changing the default device to HDMI when you are plugged into the TV. You can also click on the Speaker symbol on the taskbar, select mixer and check that the HDMI option has been selected. This worked fine for me. I can now watch anything from the internet on my TV.

Considering this is a forum specifically for problems and comments relating to the Humax HD-FOX T2, would you care to expand on how your post is relevant? For example, you could quote or reference the post or topic (or even have posted within that topic) you feel this makes a contribution to.

Otherwise this appears to be a random tip on using HDMI to a TV from a Windows PC, something many of us are aware of and would answer if it came up as a side issue in a discussion that was relevant to the forum (which, as far as I am aware, it has not).

Considering this is a forum specifically for problems and comments relating to the Humax HD-FOX T2, would you care to expand on how your post is relevant? For example, you could quote or reference the post or topic (or even have posted within that topic) you feel this makes a contribution to.

Otherwise this appears to be a random tip on using HDMI to a TV from a Windows PC, something many of us are aware of and would answer if it came up as a side issue in a discussion that was relevant to the forum (which, as far as I am aware, it has not).​
Before I recently purchased my Humax HD-FOX T2 I did quite a bit of research on the internet. Quite a lot of discussion had taken place about limited access to internet apps for both TV and recorders. In addition to purchasing the recorder I also bought the Humax dongle and found much as other people had reported that the You Tube app would not allow me to play videos and in fact the BBC iPlayer was the only useful app that worked for me and it seemed unlikely that this situation would improve. I am delighted with the recorder and was simply trying to say to potential Humax purchasers that despite the limitations of the TV Portal there are other ways to get internet on TV. It did take quite a bit of further research to find out exactly how and I was merely trying to help those who might have similar queries with the benefit of my experiences.​

Back