TV Portal ?

Cancunia

It's been a while since I was on here as my HDR is now doing what I want & has been for quite a while. One thing that I wanted to check on is if there's still a custom portal, specifically one that will show All4 so that I can 'save last streamed'? A quick search suggests that there's no active custom portal.

Thanks

There has never been a custom portal to access any catch-up services except Sky, for Sky subscribers, and that was only because a prototype Sky catch-up service was found on the Humax servers (no longer). The processor and memory are not sufficient to run video decoding in software, and anyway we are limited to the abilities of the built-in browser. Anything like that needs to be tied through the hardware acceleration, and we have no access to it.

Consequently the custom portals have only ever been a curiosity, and a means to create custom menus operated by the handset colour buttons.

It is best to give up on the Humax portal - It has always been the weakest part of the HDR Fox T2

If you want to watch catch up services use a Smart TV or cheap box such as Amazon Fire or Now TV
To download programmes to watch later try the youtube-dl package it works well for BBC recordings but I haven't tried it with ALL4

Thanks for the replies folks and apologies for my delay. I didn't get any notifications & only remembered to check back today.
I used 'save last streamed' a few times on iplayer so was hoping to use that again, but the youtube-dl package may well do what I want, I'll give it a go when I get some time.

It is best to give up on the Humax portal - It has always been the weakest part of the HDR Fox T2

If you want to watch catch up services use a Smart TV or cheap box such as Amazon Fire or Now TV
To download programmes to watch later try the youtube-dl package it works well for BBC recordings but I haven't tried it with ALL4
Works o/k with the ITV Hub but fails on ALL4 and MY5

Back