Tv portal

Gumdrop

Just thought id ask, what is this button for? Never used it, i know im a numpty! If u r replying, please consider iam a numpty before u tell me what its for, and how to use it. Thanks. Keep well.:o_O:

Just thought id ask, what is this button for? Never used it, i know im a numpty! If u r replying, please consider iam a numpty before u tell me what its for, and how to use it.
If your Humax is connected to the Internet it will provide access to the BBC iPlayer. As prpr suggests, it can be a bit flakey.

From the manual (relevant page attached)...
The info is well out of date and you will be lucky to get it to work. Most on here don't even bother because, as prpr stated, it seems to cause the box to frequently crash

Attachments

• Humax HDR-FOX T2 PVR - Manual.pdf
    635.7 KB · Views: 3
Just thought id ask, what is this button for? Never used it, i know im a numpty! If u r replying, please consider iam a numpty before u tell me what its for, and how to use it. Thanks. Keep well.:o_O:
you will be lucky to get it to work
That depends. If your HDR-FOX is up-to-date with its firmware (1.03 minimum)*, and if have a good, non-glitchy, Internet connection, and if your HDR-FOX is connected to your home network (so it can access the Internet), and finally if the Humax servers are playing ball today, pressing TV Portal will (after some thinking time) present a user interface on which you can use the cursor buttons to choose BBC iPlayer, and then play streamed content on your TV.

However: flooding it with button presses before it has caught up, or communication errors over your Internet connection (quite normal), are liable to cause the HDR-FOX to freeze (requiring a cold reset with the power switch on the back), or reset and restart.

* see Things Every... (click) section 1. And while you're there, take a look at the whole thing... it sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do.

It's a button for making the HDR crash.
I like subtlety.
Nothing subtle about it. A similar problem exists (for me, at least) with the FVP-5000T. There is a very large Netflix button on the remote control (in)conveniently placed between the search and stop buttons. When pressed, it wreaks havoc. It doesn't even give you the option of a "do not press this again" message. I've resorted to using a replacement remote.

I was about to praise the TV Portal that it is still able to play my choice of Internet Radio (and still had my easy listening jazz station remembered in Favourites - "Polskie Radio - W jazzowym klimacie"), but after about 20 mins it crashed the HDR-FOX and also crashed my HomePlug network. It could be that the HomePlugs crashed first, resulting in the Humax crash due to the comms error.

Update: it crashed again after interruptions, this time without taking the HomePlugs with it. That is not to say the HomePlugs are in the clear – I have switched to WiFi to see what happens.

Was this question prompted because nothing seems to happen when you press the button? Actually, the front panel display changes to "HUMAX TV PORTAL" and the live programme continues while it thinks about doing something, possibly over-laid by a "spinner"... sometimes for a very long time (or maybe never if you give up waiting). Performance depends on your Internet connection, so YMMV. Press exit and an on-screen message says "HUMAX TV Portal has ended".

Last edited:
Update: it crashed again after interruptions, this time without taking the HomePlugs with it. That is not to say the HomePlugs are in the clear – I have switched to WiFi to see what happens.
Yep, crashed on WiFi too. Note that my Internet isn't very good.

Back