TV recommendation - streams from hummy

Regarding streaming to a TV I have a Toshiba 42RL853. It is DLNA compatible, which is great because it connects to the HDR-T2 and shows me all the programs on the disk. Unfortunately it won't play any of them. I think the problem is that the Hummy records them in MPEG-4 and the Toshiba will only playback MPEG-2 over DLNA. My recommendation is to download the manual for your intended purchase and study it carefully for compatibility. The fact that something says it is DLNA compliant is not enough.

Oh, meant to add: my e-mail to Humax customer service asking a question about this went unanswered - not good.

I never got an answer when I emailed about my HD-FOX TV Portal problems either.

I've not tried streaming to my LG 32LD690, it has a go at playing a Humax recording via USB - but the video decoding breaks up. I'm told the file can be "fixed", but who wants to bother with that?

I've just come across this device Cideko Android HD Media Player on sale in Maplin fo £80 . It's an android device with an Hdmi o/p . If you install Skifta and Vplayer on it you should be able to stream to any tv from your Hummy and of course full access to the internet. Cheaper than buying another Tv, now trying to think of a good excuse to buy one.
I know skifta works as I stream to my android tablet all the time

But is it cheaper than buying an HD-FOX?

I agree it might be more versatile though, especially if you get a full web browser and not just a crippled one. Might struggle with HiDef, which is where the HD-FOX scores.

No totally agree with you about the HD fox, just another option and to be frank just trying to convince myself to get one to platy with !!!!

I got a DS1000 to play with similarly, it runs something called Onyx. Runs iPlayer fine (through its own portal, much like the Hummy), but it wouldn't play back Humax StDef files without corruption.

Back