TVGUIDE problems.....Please Wait

Andy Briggs

after numerous amounts of googling I have been unable to find a answer appart from schedule and red ?

Is this my best option.

Also off topic I bought this box for £25 not a mark on it, 500gb (is this a good deal)

It's not a good deal if there is something wrong with it! (Well, actually it is for the parts)

You need to describe the "TVGUIDE problems" - what exactly is wrong? What have you done so far (presumably hooked up a satellite feed and tuned it in)? What is Schedule >> Red supposed to achieve?

Hi

There is nothing wrong with the box appart from the tvguide issue ( alot of people have had this issue)

Pressing schedule red brings up a cached version of the tvguide. If i just press the tvguide I need to wait for the "receiving programme information....Please wait" before the guide becomes fully functional (fastest).

**Yes its hooked up to twin tuners and all tuned in to my local area with a 500gb hard drive in.

From my reading of it, that's the way it has to be done because of the way the EPG data is transmitted.

The slow EPG when you press 'GUIDE' is normal on the Foxsat. it's the way Humax populate it. Instead of using the 'spare' tuner, they use the 'in use' tuner. And why they don't just display the cached EPG as happens when you press Schedule - Red, is anybody's guess.
£25 for a working box sounds PDG to me!

I actually thought raydon that there maybe a patch of somekind out or Humax may have released firmware to fix this.

There's nothing to fix other than possibly switching around the two options or possibly make tuner 2 capable of downloading a guide (You would still have the issue if both tuners were recording and is likely to complicate matters if the box is used in single cable mode). The Freesat epg is available from two sources. You can download a whole new copy from scratch from the Freesat home transponder - this loads in about 30 - 40 seconds and requires tuner 1 to be free - provided tuner 1 is not being used to record or watching for an accurate recording start signal) this is actioned by pressing guide. Every channel on the epg also carries a copy of the full epg in a round robin exactly like Freeview does. This creates and constantly updates a cached copy of the epg in the background. Starting from a blank epg it can take up to an hour to completely populate like for instance after a factory reset. That really is the only time anyone needs to press guide. Start an instant recording to tie up tuner 1 and then press guide - you get the cached epg.

Raydons firmware doesn't modify the Humax software, it runs on top of it. The User Interface isn't any different when the box is not being accessed by a PC. Other than a custom boot up message on the display the only mod to the actual firmware is the patch created by Nowster.

A remote control with macro capability or the one in the custom firmware Web Interface can easily have a single button assigned to the schedule - red key combination.

Last edited:
A remote control with macro capability or the one in the custom firmware Web Interface can easily have a single button assigned to the schedule - red key combination.

I have no remote with macro compatibility, so if i put the custom firmware back on I will be able to make another button assigned to the schedule ?

Only a software button from within the web interface. You cannot reprogram the hardware buttons on the Humax remote control itself.

I have no remote with macro compatibility, so if i put the custom firmware back on I will be able to make another button assigned to the schedule ?

Only if you access the box by a computer, tablet or smartphone. The remote control in the web interface can record macros and assign them to a command button.

Back