Two transmitters, selected muxes

amjl2000

I know there are issues when you try to tune in channels from two transmitters. The issue usually lies in the recording of programmes, iirc.

However, if I tuned (for example) PSB2 from one transmitter, and the remaining muxes from a different transmitter, would there still be a problem?

Also, to be more specific, the missus wants S4C, but we have the aerial pointed at Mendip as the signal is better. If I tuned PSB2 (the one with S4C on) from Wenvoe, then deleted the other channels on that mux, and then tuned PSB2 from Mendip, then S4C would be pushed to 8xx, but everything else would be set to England. Would there be a recording issue as S4C is not going to be confused between the two transmitters?

If I tuned PSB2 (the one with S4C on) from Wenvoe, then deleted the other channels on that mux, and then tuned PSB2 from Mendip, then S4C would be pushed to 8xx, but everything else would be set to England. Would there be a recording issue as S4C is not going to be confused between the two transmitters?
Yes you will have problems butthese can be mostly mitigated if you use padding instead of accurate recording.

If you are tuned to one transmitter, or recording in standby from a transmitter, all recordings will fail from the other transmitter unless you use padding instead of accurate recording.
You will also occasionally have issues with the epg not populating from a transmitter you haven't watched recently until you switch to a channel on that transmitter.

Obviously my search terms weren't that good.
OK, so possible with major caveats. Will have to discuss it with the missus.
Still, had word from S4C last night that it is imminent that all their content will be on iPlayer (i.e. through the portal, not via their website to Clic, the S4C catchup facility), which is what I've been waiting for, then all this shenanagins would be for nowt.
And yes they do speak welsh, boyo.

I have (as reported in the referred topic) a HDR set up to record from both Mendip and Mynnydd Machen (Wenvoe sub), and it does so without missing a beat. It can be done.

Excellent.
We'll start off by keeping AR, and ensuring that the box is switched off on the right channel prior to anything being recorded. We can do this as we'll record kids stuff in the mornings on S4C, and any evening time stuff we can organise properly (all this being looked at now before Y Gwyll is repeated next weekend!). I think this'll work for us most of the time as there aren't many overlaps in what we record, plus missing this and that isn't the end of the world. It won't be long until we have recorded everything on S4C (chocked full of repeats) and won't need it!

What's wrong with auto-padding? AR is too risky with multiple regions. If you also use the arbookmarks package, there will be a bookmark added at the AR flag and you can jump straight to it with the skip-to-bookmark button.

Back