TwonkyMedia port over possible?

MrMarky

Just a quick question

Currently Mediatomb has no support for the xbox360 - Is it possible to get TwonkyMedia onto the t2?

I know its on the humax foxsat which worked flawless for radio streaming and media to the xbox.

Cheers

The Humax HDR-Fox T2 comes with a built-in DNLA / UPnP media server already installed. Enable this feature with Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Settings >> Content Sharing = On

Cheers Ezra, yes had this enabled but not showing up on the xbox network media search, guess its like Mediatomb with no xbox support.

to date i've only ever seen the xbox able to pick up twonky and TVersity

raydon included it for the freesat foxsat bundle, would be interested to see if it's possible to get twonky up on the t2?

Have you tried installing XBMC on the XBox? As the "XB" stands for "XBox" and it was originally written for the XBox, it appears an obvious option.

I haven't got an XBox so don't really know much about it, other than what BH said above about XBMC. Is the question actually what media servers the XBox can see natively? This doesn't help us with the T2, but I would presume an XBox would be able to see media on a Windows PC that's shared using Media Player on XP, or whatever the equivalent service is on Win7 (homegroup sharing??).

DLNA is supposed to allow anything to work with anything else... *cough*yeahright!*cough*

I have Twonky on my Iomega NAS and it clashes horribly with the Hummy causing it to crash if I have DLNA switched on in the Hummy.

Have you tried installing XBMC on the XBox? As the "XB" stands for "XBox" and it was originally written for the XBox, it appears an obvious option.

XBMC was developed on the original XBox, which was essentially just a jazzed up PC. The XBox360 is much more proprietary and there is no version of XBMC for that system.

yeah can remember xbmc over for the 1st xbox

basically what I wanted twonky for on the humax, when I'm on the xbox (playing gta) to stream music from the humx - it also lets me stream the radio which is pretty niffty.

Back