UI transparency.

HHGTTG

Some people have mentioned that they find the UI annoying inasmuch that behind the various screens one can see the current channel. Cannot the transparency percentage be changed to make the menus appear 'solid' and not have the distraction of the TV channel behind the various menus particularly the EPG etc.

Some people have mentioned that they find the UI annoying inasmuch that behind the various screens one can see the current channel. Cannot the transparency percentage be changed to make the menus appear 'solid' and not have the distraction of the TV channel behind the various menus particularly the EPG etc.
The FVP-4000T and the FVP-5000Tsoftwares are different.
Which are your you referring to?
Those who have the FVP-5000T software can just turn off the transparency whether it be on a unit sold as a FVP-4000T or sold as a FVP-5000T.

Which are your you referring to?
Those who have the FVP-5000T software can just turn off the transparency whether it be on a unit sold as a FVP-4000T or sold as a FVP-5000T.
I was referring to the 5000t, actually.

Last edited:
It now appears that the hardware is surprisingly similar (quite possibly identical just a different case) and over at myhumax.net a number of people are reporting that an FVP-4000T can be persuaded to run FVP-5000T software simply by renaming the update FVP-5000T update file to fvp-4000t_upgrade. NB I haven't done this myself as I don't own either box so do it at your own risk and note that reverting to FVP-4000T software may be problematic.

It now appears that the hardware is surprisingly similar (quite possibly identical just a different case) and over at myhumax.net a number of people are reporting that an FVP-4000T can be persuaded to run FVP-5000T software simply by renaming the update FVP-5000T update file to fvp-4000t_upgrade. NB I haven't done this myself as I don't own either box so do it at your own risk and note that reverting to FVP-4000T software may be problematic.

I have 'upgraded' my 4000 to a 5000 and its working like a charm. I like the new functions available when pressing the Freeview Play button. It also seems to be a whisker more responsive, but that may be wishful thinking :thumbsup:

Apparently so, but not easily from what I have read, I'm not technically minded enough to try.

That was an initial worry, but I was prepared to brick my machine when I experimented with it, but as its working so well I will be leaving it as it is due to it being an improvement over the 4000

I've upgraded mine and I would say it is well worth doing.
I have previously tried several different versions of official 4000 software on my box and when downgrading a problem sometimes was no remote response. This required a power reset and sometimes a default reset to restore operation. However, I don't think anyone who tries it would want to go back.

David.

Back