• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

UK OTA data dump?

Hi

To continue my analysis of OTA formats for humax boxes it would be very good to have the OTA for the HDR-FOX T2 from the UK.
Is it possible for anyone to dump such a file?
You would need a pc-tuner and then dump the appropriate pid from the correct mux. I have no idea what thoose are since I'm not in the UK. But tsreader could probably give an answer to that...
I only need the actual pid with the OTA, not any other pids. About 2.5 times the data of the current hdf is needed to correct errors etc. So 47-50 MB...
Anyone?

Not got one myself. I know when the FoxT2 came out it was very difficult to get hold of DVB-T2 pc tuners but I guess that will have changed.

I'm sure that I could do it here with dvbsnoop (Linux) but a few pointers about the PID would be helpful.

Is it safe to assume that the software is broadcast on both DVB-T and DVB-T2? If it's on DVB-T2 only then I can't help as I only have standard tuners in my MythTV box.

It's being broadcast at the moment, but according to RedEarth's link, the HDR update is indeed only available on HD, so I'm afraid I can't help you :(

OP
OP
M
:(
Anyone with a dvb-t2 pc-tuner able to dump this?
It only plays until 9 am tomorrow with a gap between midnight and 1 am tonight.

If they someone sold a twin PCI express tuner, I would be interested, but the only well supported one on the market is USB. I really am surprised at how little support there has been from tuner manufacturers (and PVR manufacturers - Topfield in particular) about supporting DVB-T2. Hopefully some other countries will adopt the standard and the market will improve.

OP
OP
M
Black-hole: I know. I have a pctv nanostick dvb-t2, but that's the only one I know about.

Sam: Sweden has adopted it but the market is probably too small to make a difference...