• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.0!

This is a major upgrade which changes the look and feel of the forum somewhat but brings a host of improvements too. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and report any issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

Unable to access humax portal

Hi,

Just received a 2nd hand hdr-fox t2. Updated to official 1.02.20 firmware, then updated to the modifed firmware 1.13.

All is good, I can access http web interface etc, however when trying to access the humax TV portal I immediately get the error "An error occured whilst launching the application https://www.humaxtvportal.com"

My box details are as follows:

Software Version : FHTCP 1.02.20
Loader Version : a7.30
System ID : 80BC.7E00
Update Date : 10 JUN 2011
MICOM Version : 9.3
MAC Address : DC : D3 : 21 : xx : xx : xx (spaces are intentional so they don't turn in to smileys ;p )

Any help appreciated

Also, I've tried accessing the web URL via my PC and get the following:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.humaxtvportal.com.

Certificate type not approved for application.
I understand that I can't access via a laptop because it's not authorised like an STB would be, but it at least proves the web url is available on my connection.

Wallace

Slightly Pickled
The Humax Portal is reported as being down. Humax are aware. There is nothing you can do except wait.

HTH

EDIT: I would remove you MAC address from your post. Not a good idea to publish it in a public forum.

Ezra Pound

I would remove you MAC address from your post. Not a good idea to publish it in a public forum.
It looks like he is only giving away the Manufacture's code (first 6 characters) However this does raise a question, is DC-D3-21 a humax code? both of my boxes have 00-03-78 which is registered to Humax

af123

Administrator
Staff member
It's predominantly 00-03-78 but dc-d3-21 is fairly common too. From the devices registered with RS Portal:

Code:
+-------+--------------+----------+
| model | left(mac, 8) | count(*) |
| HD    | 00:03:78     |       14 |
| HDR   | 00:03:78     |       80 |
| HDR   | dc:d3:21     |       29 |

It looks like he is only giving away the Manufacture's code (first 6 characters) However this does raise a question, is DC-D3-21 a humax code? both of my boxes have 00-03-78 which is registered to Humax
To be fair I had put the full MAC and edited it after Wallace's intervention. Shall try the portal later, before buying this Humax I assumed iPlayer was an inbuilt 'app' which I could load directly, didn't realise I was reliant on an online Humax service :/

Ezra Pound

To be fair I had put the full MAC and edited it after Wallace's intervention. Shall try the portal later, before buying this Humax I assumed iPlayer was an inbuilt 'app' which I could load directly, didn't realise I was reliant on an online Humax service :/
I thought you may have edited it but I couldn't see the 'Edited' notice (I must be thinking of a different forum). As you say the Humax portal accesses the internet pages via the web page in your original post, It is possible to see this from a P.C., Try it without the 's' in https (See portal Photo) But what you will see is a generic page. From a Humax in the U.K. you will only see I-player, Wi-Ki@TV, You-Tube, Internet Radio and Flickr

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
Is the portal up right now? I'm debugging a means to get Internet to HDR4 via a MiFi connection, and I got the "an error occurred..." message after a period of the front panel showing "TV PORTAL" but live TV on the screen.