Unable to access two machines

makem

I have two hdr-fox T2 and have recently changed my internal ip addresses from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.2.x.

I changed each machines IP and gateway to reflect the changes and logged in via webIF earlier today.

One machine had crashed previously and both had notification of changes. I acknowledged these and logged out.

This evening I am unable to log into either machine using winSCP or puTTy. IP, username and passwords are correct.

I can log in via webIF to both machines.

[edit] Whilst accessing one machine via webif I changed the password and was asked to verify. The username and password were presented as these had been saved, These were not accepted and now I cannot access that machine via webif either.

Last edited:
This evening I am unable to log into either machine using winSCP or puTTy. IP, username and passwords are correct.

Does this mean you could access the machine (despite the change of IP address) but not have your credentials accepted, or were you completely unable to contact the machine?

I can log in via webIF to both machines.

[edit] Whilst accessing one machine via webif I changed the password and was asked to verify. The username and password were presented as these had been saved, These were not accepted and now I cannot access that machine via webif either.
This strikes me as coincidence, but if you can't get Telnet access you're in a Catch 22 situation and the only way forward is a strip down.

TodauyI find I can excess both via webIF. I am still unable to access them both using the new or old password with winSCP.

However, I didn't try telnet last night and now see I can telnet into both.

Are you able to explain how to reset the access for winSCP and maybe have an idea why this should happen?

This is getting strange. winSCP can log into both machines with the normal username but only if I use the root password in which case I end up in the root directory.

In one case the three directories My Video, Photos, Music are the only ones listed and in the other these directories together with lost+found, media, mod and Tsr are listed.

It may or may not be related but I found that after deleting my webif User Access Control userid the webif continued to request a userid and password but no longer accepted the old userid and password. It wasn't until after I rebooted the Humax was I able to access the webif again.

So I would suggest rebooting after any change to userid and passwords to ensure that changes are fully implemented throughout the system

FTP passwords are not related to the webif UAC id/password but use the remote control PIN number - see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Package_Notes#For_HDR-Fox_T2
I don't use WinSCP but use Filezilla instead and use the root id so that I can access all of the webif and not just media

Back