Unable to connect via Webif

Black Hole - Thanks. The CF has taken and the number is displayed on the front panel.
I have found out what I was doing wrong after a bit more reading around.
What I had failed to realise is that a HD Fox requires a USB drive of some kind to be connected continually for the Webif and other custom functions to work. Once I attached a USB stick then Bingo!
I have managed to format the 8gb stick to EXT3 and its working fine but none of the timeshift or record functions work despite the system offering for me to use the usb stick for that function.
I assume this is to do with the limitations on the stick compared with a usb HDD but I'm not sure.
Any way for now I'm sorted.

No, you won't get any useful recording or time shift with a stick. It did cross my mind that might be the problem, but you should have got at least the minimal web interface (I think).

I have managed to format the 8gb stick to EXT3 and its working fine but none of the timeshift or record functions work despite the system offering for me to use the usb stick for that function.
I assume this is to do with the limitations on the stick compared with a usb HDD but I'm not sure.
Any way for now I'm sorted.
I think that the box needs to reserve at least 20GB for it's timeshift buffer before it will allow you to record anything, so you would need a larger HDD. I'm not sure whether a 32GB or larger flash drive would allow you to record onto it.

You may mock, perhaps you like terse instructions one has to follow blindly. I think people need to understand what they are doing and why they are doing it.

I have been very grateful for the explanations given by Black Hole, and have found them very helpful.

I have been very grateful for the explanations given by Black Hole, and have found them very helpful.

I can see the benefit of explaining a topic in detail in response to a specific request, but in the Wiki there needs to be a balance between a quick reference guide and something too long to be useable, It is also a pity that BH feels the need to lock has guides to prevent them from being commented on by his fellow users, as he has in the WiKi HERE

I have not locked my topics. Some topics the moderators thought appropriate to lock. If anything I have asked for some to be unlocked, I have no desire to stifle discussion. Those that remain locked (as far as I know) are only pointers to information and not information itself.

With regard to answering specific requests - certainly I do that, but usually I take advantage of when the muse is flowing and I have nothing else pressing, and I have observed a trend that needs addressing. Creative writing is like that - you have to go with the inspiration or lose it forever.

I have not locked my topics. Some topics the moderators thought appropriate to lock. If anything I have asked for some to be unlocked.

So the moderators have refused to return your 7 posts to unlocked?

HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware
-- QUICK START GUIDE (Locked)
-- NEW READERS START HERE (Locked)

HDR-FOX T2
-- Links to Useful Information (Locked)

HD-FOX T2
-- Things Every HD-FOX T2/HDR-FOX T2 Owner Should Know (Locked)
-- Non-Custom Protection from OTA (Locked)

These threads can be left unlocked if requested by their poster. I should add that the thread "Links to Useful Information" is mine.

So the moderators have refused to return your 7 posts to unlocked?

HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware
-- QUICK START GUIDE (Locked)

HDR-FOX T2
-- Links to Useful Information (Locked)

HD-FOX T2
-- Things Every HD-FOX T2/HDR-FOX T2 Owner Should Know (Locked)
-- Non-Custom Protection from OTA (Locked)

Everything you've listed are pointers to information except the quick start guide. I do not wish to pursue this, other than to correct errors of fact.

Back