unable to delete recorded programs

gmeb

I am unable to delete recorded programs from my humax, it says: "the files are proteccted. Release the protected files before attempting to delete" but I am unable to release the files

You'll need to say a bit more, like what exactly do you mean "unable"? You don't know how, or have to tried to unlock them with your PIN but it doesn't work?

Assuming that is the case, the next question is: can you make new recordings or does that fail as well?

Thank you for responding. It is only one file with 24 programs that is blocked. I can play them, but I cannot get the delete button to iluminate to activate it. No problem with recording at all. It does not seem to release with unlock, but other programs do.

It is only one file with 24 programs that is blocked
One file with 24 programmes? I don't understand what you mean by that. Perhaps you mean one recording out of 24 recordings?

If other recordings lock and unlock with your PIN OK but this one doesn't, and you are sure it isn't locked because you haven't stopped playback properly (the playback has to reach the end, or you have to press "stop" during playback), and the HDD hasn't gone "read only" (clearly the case if you are still able to record), then the only option left is a corruption. You can just leave it as it is, or you will need to install custom firmware to gain access to command line tools and/or disk maintenance utilities.

So it's the folder that won't delete, presumably using the OPT+ button (if the Foxsat has one)?

I am unable to delete recorded programs from my humax, it says: "the files are proteccted. Release the protected files before attempting to delete" but I am unable to release the files
It is only one file with 24 programs that is blocked. I can play them, but I cannot get the delete button to iluminate to activate it. No problem with recording at all. It does not seem to release with unlock, but other programs do.

One or more of the recordings have been previously locked. Until all recordings within the folder are unlocked the delete will not work for that folder.
To unlock a recording highlight the recording and press 'OK'. Select the release option and enter your password, (the default is '0000').

One file with 24 programmes? I don't understand what you mean by that. Perhaps you mean one recording out of 24 recordings?

If other recordings lock and unlock with your PIN OK but this one doesn't, and you are sure it isn't locked because you haven't stopped playback properly (the playback has to reach the end, or you have to press "stop" during playback), and the HDD hasn't gone "read only" (clearly the case if you are still able to record), then the only option left is a corruption. You can just leave it as it is, or you will need to install custom firmware to gain access to command line tools and/or disk maintenance utilities.
It is 24 episodes of one series that will not delete, but if you say there is probably a corruption, I'll just leave it, as it's not serious, just a nuisance blocking up some of my memory. Many thanks for your time and patience, much appreciated. Keep well.

It is 24 episodes of one series that will not delete, but if you say there is probably a corruption, I'll just leave it, as it's not serious, just a nuisance blocking up some of my memory. Many thanks for your time and patience, much appreciated. Keep well.
Have you tried to delete each episode separately or did you just try to delete the whole folder?

Back