Unable to install packages

O.K. the touch worked so /mod at least is read/write. The ping obviously failed, I presume you have been able to "install - packages or upgrades" to this Humax in the past?. so we need to see what has changed, did you say that this Humax can access the TV portal successfully? has anything changed with your router?. I would still suggest running fix-disk as it could show possible file corruption

I did say that the Portal was fine but I've just rechecked and it isn't functioning either, so there is no internet connection. The network however is ok as I can view recordings from the HDR on the HD and ping the router from the HDR. The only recent changes to the router that I recall are rebooting and allocating a fixed ip addresses to the HDR and HD. I'll take a look at the router settings but can't imagine what would affect one component on the network. Just for info; the HDR and TV are connected to the network via a Tripple input powerline adapter, the TV's internet connection is fine. I've delayed fix-disk because of the HDR usage but I'll run it shortly. Thanks for your time.

As you have recently allocated fixed IP addresses to the Humaxs, I would check in the router settings to see if certain IP address groups are for local access only, e.g. not allowed access to the internet, your TV is obviously in the correct group

If I were wearing a hat I would take it off to you. I could find no reference indicating that certain ip addresses are for local access only. However, I change the HDR ip address and heypresto fixed. Thank you. I also ran fix-disk as suggested, there were no errors reported but, under the menu there is now a note which reads:
Note: Some areas of the hard disk are not mounted.
Not all functions will be available.
What might be the implications of this note.

I also ran fix-disk as suggested, there were no errors reported but, under the menu there is now a note which reads:

Glad it did the trick, not sure about the fix-disk message, one for af123 or xyz321 I think

under the menu there is now a note which reads:
If you are still seeing this message try typing 'mount' at the command prompt and post the results here.

Back