Unable to install undelete

APC

Hi,

I recently updated to 1.02.32_mod_3.10 and tried to install undelete 1.6-3, but it keeps failing with this error message:

>>> opkg install undelete

Installing undelete (1.6-3) to root...

Collected errors:

* check_conflicts_for: The following packages conflict with undelete:

* check_conflicts_for: seriesfiler *

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package undelete.

I did have seriesfiler, installed but recently replaced it with sweep. Seriesfiler is no longer listed under Installed Packages, but I notice that its empty log file is still showing under Diagnostics - View Log Files. Is it possible that the package is still there and, if so, how do I remove it?

Thank you.

Adrian

If you are familiar with Telnet you can get some info using a command line, as I have never had seriesfiler installed, the following example uses the ir package, so you would replace ir with seriesfiler :-

Code:
humax# opkg info ir
Package: ir
Version: 1.12
Depends: multienv (>= 1.6), webif (>= 1.2.4)
Provides:
Section: admin
Architecture: mipsel
Maintainer: af123
MD5Sum: bff8ffbcd8942480d42d679345ccb4cc
Size: 601502
Filename: ir_1.12_mipsel.opk
Description: Infra-red control command injection framework.
Installed-Time: 1480637080

The command line to remove the package would be :-

Code:
humax# opkg remove seriesfiler
No packages removed.

If you are familiar with Telnet you can get some info using a command line, as I have never had seriesfiler installed, the following example uses the ir package, so you would replace ir with seriesfiler :-

Thank you. I've just tried the info command and get this:

Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.02.32/3.10
To return to the menu, type: exit
humax# opkg info seriesfiler
Package: seriesfiler
Version: 0.2.2
Depends: busybox, hmt, lsof, cron-daemon
Provides:
Architecture: mipsel
Installed-Time: 1348847849

Which appears to indicate that seriesfiler is not installed, although it is seeing the version no. (0.2.2). I thought of re-installing seriesfiler and then uninstalling it, but I can't find a copy of the seriesfiler package.

Adrian

I have no idea why seriesfiler and undelete should conflict - this looks like a corrupt package database on your box, which we can fix once we know what's going on.

Could you try installing undelete from the command line with the following two commands?
(humax# prompt shown for context).

Code:
humax# opkg update
humax# opkg -V3 install undelete

That should give some more information on what's going on.

Thank you for your help. I have attached a file with the result!

Attachments

• install result.txt
    13 KB · Views: 11
That unfortunately doesn't help much.
Did you try and remove the package from the command line?

As far as I can tell, undelete does conflict with very old versions of seriesfiler - I don't remember why - but removing the seriesfiler package should solve it.

Given that seriesfiler no longer exists, I've remove the conflict definition from undelete and just published a new version - you should be able to install that now.

Given that seriesfiler no longer exists, I've remove the conflict definition from undelete and just published a new version - you should be able to install that now.

Thank you very much! I will give it a try this evening and report back.

Adrian

That worked! Thank you. Took a while for the deleted files folder to appear, but now seems to be working ok. Another very useful feature which makes this PVR, with the custom firmware, the best. Pity they don't make them anymore!

Adrian

Possibly. Does "opkg files seriesfiler" generate anything?

It says that seriesfiler is not installed. Weird. I cannot remember if I manually uninstalled it before I installed sweep, or does sweep automatically delete it? I suppose the only way of making certain it has gone would be to do a RMA Clear followed by a System Flush. It shouldn't be too much trouble for me to restore the settings for the packages I've installed (famous last words!).

Adrian

Back