Unable to pause Tv

RobL

Hi, just came to pause a film on Channel 30 and couldn't - tried the kitchen Hummy and Ok. Same on others channels that I tried; it would appear to be that I had acknowledged the latest notifications on the kitchen box, but not the lounge (it could be just a coincidence, as I also rebooted the lounge box, from the Web Diag, after acknowledging and then it worked!).

I'll keep my eye on things, but just curious if anyone else had experienced the same?

Cheers.

Potential HDD errors?

You could run a fix-disk scan to see if that highlights any issues with the HDD.

I have seen the Time shift Buffer stop working for various reasons, the best documented cause is re-selecting a channel you are already on for a second time, Wiki Notes HERE

I have seen the Time shift Buffer stop working for various reasons, the best documented is re-selecting a channel you are already on for a second time Wiki Notes HERE

Cheers, I did go to channel 1 and test there but it was still the same. Perhaps, as suggested above, it may be a HDD error, but after acknowledging the latest packages (and the reboot!!) all seems Ok again.
Appreciate you coming back to me. ... back to the film now :)

I've seen this from time to time probably because of Ezra's suggestion. A channel flick usually solves it along with a subvocal curse ;-)

On the other hand ... I wonder what would happen if the hard drive filled up ... I wonder if it uses a fixed block (like a fixed swap file on windoze)
or if it re-allocates every time it restarts?

God I'm becoming a serious anorak about these things... someone pass the scotch.

I've seen this from time to time probably because of Ezra's suggestion. A channel flick usually solves it along with a subvocal curse ;-)

On the other hand ... I wonder what would happen if the hard drive filled up ... I wonder if it uses a fixed block (like a fixed swap file on windoze)
or if it re-allocates every time it restarts?

God I'm becoming a serious anorak about these things... someone pass the scotch.

I know the anorak feeling - and I've now finished the wine lol.
I'll continue to monitor and update as I (if) find anything further; thanks for coming back.

Back