'Unable to track...' short programmes on Talking Pictures

Although I don't use AR, this has just reminded me of something I noticed a few days ago. I had scheduled some recordings from TPTV and the EPG showed the orange symbol indicating a scheduled one-off recording (at least that's what shows up on a 2000T). A day or so later, I did the same again - not realising that the orange symbol had vanished from all the TPTV scheduled recordings. However, when I tried to set the schedule, the Humax complained about conflicting recordings. These turned out to be the "missing" TPTV items. The Humax gave me the option of cancelling the original schedule and replacing with the new recording (the new one is the same as the old one, remember!). The orange symbol reappeared and the recordings completed successfully. I wonder if this observation is linked to the failing to track problem?
Yes, definitely (IMO). There is some CRID juggling going on, so a scheduled recording (which gets set up based on the CRID codes published in the EPG) then does not see the expected CRID in the broadcast stream when the programme actually gets broadcast.

If the expected CRID does appear within a certain window of the nominal start time, the PVR gives up with a "failed to track" status.

I only wish my missing recordings had such a simple explanation!

Last edited:
There is some CRID juggling going on
As previously stated, there are currently no CRIDs for TPTV. There is nothing to look for.
The CRID for a particular broadcast gets turned into a specific event id but as there are no CRIDs anymore it can not do that mapping.

As previously stated, there are currently no CRIDs for TPTV. ...
Not true.
There are no CRIDs for the films, including short films, but there are CRIDs for various programmes that form part of a series - eg. Target, The Human Jungle, Tell me Another...

Back