unable to update package list from internet

Pads

Hi
My box updated to the latest firmware OTA and I installed the latest CF yesterday.
I couldn't download the sweeper package yesterday and today I get this error when attempting to update the package list:

>>> opkg update

wget: bad address 'hpkg.tv'

Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz.

Collected errors:

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Updating package meta information

Just to confuse matters, I also had infinity 2 installed on Friday and am having to make do with
the home hub 5 until my 2860n arrives. So I'm not sure if the router configuration has a part to play.
Thanks
P

It is something to do with your router or Humax configuration. The Humax does not have any valid DNS servers so it can't translate the package repository name into a number. Is the Humax network connection configured for DHCP or static? If static, you probably need to change the DNS server to a different one for your new connection or router. If DHCP then the DHCP server on your network /should/ be providing the correct DNS server but apparently isn't.

Thanks af123. The HH5 is set for DHCP. I'm not overawed with it so as soon as my new router comes its going. Hopefully the issue will disappear with the HH5. Cheers

I'm having a similar problem with my HDR-Fox T2. It will not update any of the packages. I'm getting the message * opkg_download: Failed to download Packages.gz wget returned 8.

I've checked to connect to the link from a web browser, that was successful, which suggests that DNS isn't an issue. I've swapped router, tried the command from Telnet. Basically, I've run out of ideas.

What am I doing wrong?

What CFW version? Package updates are no longer available for versions < 3.0.0

Version information is as follows:
Custom firmware version: 2.22 (build 1905)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_1.03.12)

I've tried installing the latest version of the custom firmware (which I have now done with another pen drive) and it is now updating to 3.03. As a result, the packages are now updating.

Thanks for your help, af123.

Having updated and run the package updates, I've nor found I cannot reboot the Humax, or remove the dead schedules. The reboot option give 404 for restart.jim. Any suggestions?

Back