Undefined variable in YouTube via portal

LDW

Recent YouTube searches bring up an error message: 'Undefined variable: httpMethod'. I googled that, but none of the results were intelligible to me. I tried installing New Portal, but no joy.

Is there a fix, or is it just that the Humax is outdated and times have moved on?

---
As ever, apologies if i) this has been posted elsewhere - please direct me; ii) it's a damn fool question - please be kind; iii) it breaks a forum rule or similar - please educate me; iv) the answer is obvious - spell it out for a halfwit. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    552.4 KB · Views: 9
The portal has always been the Humax's weakest area.

It is much better to download videos from youtube, BBC, ITV and others (but not 4 or Five) using youtuble-dl with front end qtube on the webif

I tried installing New Portal, but no joy.
Of no relevance whatsoever. The custom portals were attempts to streamline access or access facilities that Humax were developing but not made officially available. When firmware updates migrated the TV Portal to a new browser platform, the old custom portals became incompatible - and new attempts fizzled out I'm not sure there is any point in them remaining in the repository.

The facilities Humax still offer via the TV Portal are gradually becoming crippled as content providers move on to new standards such as HTML5, which the HDR-FOX is inadequate to support. You can expect iPlayer and YouTube to stop working in the near future (there have been a couple of scares already, and your observation may be another one).

Take a look at the youtube-dl package, it provides a means to download content from iPlayer and YouTube to the HDR-FOX for playback. For practical reasons I use the PC version.

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/yout...om-youtube-com-or-other-video-platforms.8462/

The facilities Humax still offer via the TV Portal are gradually becoming crippled as content providers move on to new standards such as HTML5, which the HDR-FOX is inadequate to support. You can expect iPlayer and YouTube to stop working in the near future (there have been a couple of scares already, and your observation may be another one).

Yep, basically everything on the Humax Portal has been weak for years in my experience. Barely worth the trouble to bother with.

If there's content I really want that can't be recorded I tend to source it from elsewhere, for example remuxing from a Blu-ray. Or using [get_iplayer]/a browser YouTube downloader, muxing the resulting video as a M2TS (most of them are H.264/AAC so no transcoding required) to the Humax via SMB, rename it to a TS and have [sidecar] build the HMT and NTS files so they show as a regular recording and can have program descriptions added.

If it's something like All4 which can't be downloaded, a little more complex - patch a media streamer (in my case an Apple TV 4) through a HDMI splitter to remove HDCP, run this into a video capture box (in my case an AVerMedia GameCapture II which records H.264/AAC files), record in real time and then do the "mux to HDR Fox T2" thing I just described. This was the only way I could add some missing programs to my Guy Martin collection, for example, because they weren't available anywhere else.

So, this "Guy Martin Collection"... OK, I agree he's a good bloke, but what do you plan to do with it? Is it so precious that you have multiple back-ups?

Back