[unencrypt] Decrypt-in-place

Got it - in Putty, there was a setting "Return key sends telnet New Line instead of ^M" checked. Clearing that stopped a double line feed being generated on enter. Thanks for your help. Just need to wait now while the box chunters through everything.

That is most odd. I definitely replied with info about the CR-LF problem in Windows Telnet or PuTTY, but the message seems to have gone adrift. Wierd.

For future reference the discussion is HERE (click).

Is there any danger that decrypt in place will prevent recordings starting? It just failed on strictly results. If more than 5 minutes had been missed, I'd have been hung drawn and quartered! :eek:

Is there any danger that decrypt in place will prevent recordings starting? It just failed on strictly results. If more than 5 minutes had been missed, I'd have been hung drawn and quartered! :eek:

There's no obvious reason that anything should fail, all it's doing is streaming a file which it should be able to do while recording anyway.

However, in the interests of preserving your anatomy, and if you're happy editing crontab, it would be possible to set to only run at less vital times, e.g. 1am to 3pm. If you want, I could roll a tweaked version of unencryptsetup that would set that up for you, just let me know what times you want to avoid.

Strangely enough, I lost the very end of Strictly (main programme) this week even with padding, and I don't think it was running late was it? Neither did I have any conflicting recordings. I've been spurred into looking into it!

Belay that: the recording is fine, it's that problem streaming HiDef when the stream ends after about an hour. This is something I shall have to raise as a bug, now I've seen it for definite a second time.

Belay that: the recording is fine, it's that problem streaming HiDef when the stream ends after about an hour. This is something I shall have to raise as a bug, now I've seen it for definite a second time.
Do you have the latest versions of busybox or wget installed?

There's a new version of unencrypt (0.1.2a) to account for the wrong version of wget being used, which would break decryption of files > 4GB.

There's a new version of unencrypt (0.1.2a) to account for the wrong version of wget being used, which would break decryption of files > 4GB.
I'm hopeful that the latest packaged busybox is 64-bit safe btw, but it probably makes sense to just require the real version.

I have a problem with the cron, See Crontab -l :-
Code:
humax# crontab -l
0 2 * * * /mod/sbin/anacron -s -d
*/5 * * * * /mod/sbin/rs_process >> /mod/tmp/rs.log 2>&1
0,15,30,45 * * * * /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/archive" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log 2>&1

If I send it manually, uncrypt works O.K. :-

Code:
humax# /mod/sbin/unencrypt "/mnt/hd2/My Video/archive" > /mod/tmp/unencrypt.log
2>&1
humax# cd /mod/tmp
humax# ls -al
drwxrwxrwt    2 root    root          4096 Dec  9 09:42 .
drwxrwxrwx    8 root    root          4096 Dec  9 09:42 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root    root          636 Dec  8 13:26 rs.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root    root          786 Dec  9 10:36 unencrypt.log
humax# cat unencrypt.log
pscount = 2
Processing "My Video/archive/Dirk Gently_20110520_2102", Media ID is 1806
Processing "My Video/archive/The Manor Reborn_20111208_2132", Media ID is 1808
Processing "My Video/archive/Pan Am_20111209_0049", Media ID is 1812
Processing "My Video/archive/Pan Am_20111209_0112", Media ID is 1814
Processing "My Video/archive/Louie_20111209_1030", Media ID is 1815
Getting http://127.0.0.1:9000/web/media/1815.TS
Connecting to 127.0.0.1:9000 (127.0.0.1:9000)
1815.TS              100% |*******************************| 16612k 00:00:00 ETA
humax#

However the result of the same command executed by the cron is always this :-

Code:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root    root          636 Dec  8 13:26 rs.log
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root    root          122 Dec  9 10:45 unencrypt.log
humax# cat unencrypt.log
pscount = 2
/mod/sbin/unencrypt: line 73: netstat: not found
The DLNA server seems to have crashed
Please restart the box

[NEXT CRON]

-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root           636 Dec  8 13:26 rs.log
 -rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root           122 Dec  9 11:00 unencrypt.log
 humax# cat unencrypt.log
 pscount = 2
 /mod/sbin/unencrypt: line 73: netstat: not found
 The DLNA server seems to have crashed
 Please restart the box

Any Ideas?

It's a path problem with netstat. I'm a bit busy right now, but I'll roll a new version this evening and post it up.

Sod it, I did it over lunch - give it an hour or so and unencrypt 0.1.2b-1 should be available in the repo.

Hi, just got the HDR Fox this week on the strength of what you guys are doing - absolutely brilliant - thanks a million (I wish the Foxsat HDR could run the remote schedule and the unencrypt as I have one of those as well)

Unfortunately I am getting the same results as Ezra - the DLNA has crashed - please restart.... - Obviously I have done that but it makes no difference? I have checked with crontab -l and the right instruction is in place, it just never seems to kick in?

I know the DLNA is running because I can stream to my Transformer using "Skifta" - which, by the way is an excellent app and way better than Asus "MyNet" (If anyone else has a Transformer)

I have the latest Webif and the only other packages I have installed are auto-unprotect, Samba, Virtual Disc, RS and of course unencrypt - I did have a couple of others but I removed all and just reinstalled these - all upgraded to latest versions.

I have spent hours on this (getting grumbles from "her indoors") and I know you must have used up huge amounts of time - a big thanks for that.

It's SO temptingly close!

My apologies - you have done so much good debugging and it wasn't your fault :oops:

I transferred some code from my backup script into unencrypt and skimped on the testing. Unfortunately, because unencrypt is run from cron, you need to specify the full path for most commands and I failed to update the script to take that into account. However, if you run 'opkg update' and 'opkg upgrade' then the latest version of unencrypt should be installed for you and files should start to be processed.

Let me know if you still have any problems!

Back