Unreliable playback on android device

surefire

Hi
I have been able to playback any content from the HDR fox T2 on my galaxy tab 3 over my network using wireless. How ever if I begin playback of a recorded program and decide to stop it and return to view it later, it will no longer play, from the beginning or from resume. I can play any other program just not the one's I have stopped and want to play again. The only way I can it to play again is by performing a power cycle of the Fox. Does anyone else have this problem. I have tried various varieties playback software with the same results.

Thanks

I have a Nexus 7 and tend to use MX Player on it. Can you fully quit the player software on your tablet? Often Android apps still run in the background unless you have a proper quit option: in MX you have to enable the quit button in the general menu. Otherwise you could install something like easy task killer to manually kill the process in the event of it locking up. Try quitting the player/ DLNA software (if you use it) next time you have the problem; you might not need to reboot the Humax.

I to use MX player to view the content and I have tried completeley quitting from it. I use skifta and bubble upnp as clients and have tried quitting from them too still with no joy. I have just tried once more and found that putting the box into standby and waiting until all activity has stopped will allow me to play the content once more but this is still a little inconvenient. So a power cycle is not necessary.

Just on an additional note has anyone been able to watch a channel, record another and stream to another device at the same time? Would the playback become a little choppy as the box has alot to do? Thats what I am finding when I try to do all three.

I use MX player pro on my Nexus 7 and rarely have trouble stopping and resuming playback. MX player prompts me if I want to resume or start over.

I have noticed that on some occasions if I am playing back via the media player rather by direct file sharing that it can get hung up (e.g. when skipping over adverts) and the only solution in this case seems to be to reboot the HDR. In this case the HDR thinks it is still streaming the file even though the Nexus may have been rebooted and won't allow me to delete the file. In these cases I tend to switch to direct file playback to watch the programme and then force delete the files. Eventually the HDR sorts itself out and all is well without a reboot.

Using direct file playback I have never had a problem like this but I still tend to use the media player where I can as that allows me to browse synopsies etc before choosing the program to watch (via webif)

Just on an additional note has anyone been able to watch a channel, record another and stream to another device at the same time? Would the playback become a little choppy as the box has alot to do? Thats what I am finding when I try to do all three.

I do this all the time without even thinking about it. All our TV is wacthed via the HDR as it is our only tuner so there will be numerous times where the HDR is recording two channels while watching (possibly a third) and at the same time someone (unusually me) is watching another recording. In fact, whenever I am watching anything via my Nexus (which is every night - part of my unwind routine) the HDR is 'watching' a channel even if the TV is turned off and it will frequently also be recording at least one channel.

In theory there could be several people watching things via the media player but I suspect at some point it would stop working properly.

I should say though that all our viewing/recording etc is via SD channels so you may find that HD would be more problematic. I can't get a single HD stream to play reliably over our LAN so I don't tend to record in HD at all.

Perhaps the poster is concerned that people may use a pirated version of the Pro player with a different set of built-in spyware from that selected by the app developers for their paying customers ?

It does seem suspicious that the first ever post from a new member would be to promote an item that needs to be purchased in reply to a 6 year old thread

Back