Unresponsive after Fixing malformed AAC bitstream with qtube

Yes, you're the janitor.
Ok, that's not ideal when the average punter (like me) who just uses the supplied packages without knowing what's going on behind the scenes and uses the standard interface can't see the files. I wonder what else I have lying around in there?! Or maybe they'll get deleted once the disk gets full - hopefully before any of my usable files.

Interesting, I thought I'd have a look at what files I have using filezilla. I've no idea what Super 8 is!! Curious the date on the file is 2016 but last modified 28/11/21! I'm assuming this is 5GB of unusable file which somehow needs to be deleted?

1642617038277.png

I'm assuming this is 5GB of unusable file which somehow needs to be deleted?
Indeed. It's got left over, but the date is curious.

Would you remember what your recorded over 5 years ago? If you want to know, try renaming it to just .ts and see what happens if you play it.

Super 8

Or maybe they'll get deleted once the disk gets full - hopefully before any of my usable files.
No, really, they won't. How would anything know what to delete? There is a Humax option to delete stuff, but I've always had that firmly turned off as its functionality very seemed poorly defined in the manual (i.e. WTF knows what it's going to delete and when?) and the software wouldn't expect to see any foreign files courtsesy of the CF processes anyway.
I'm assuming this is 5GB of unusable file which somehow needs to be deleted?
Yes, rename or delete ought to be possible with Filezilla (he said, as a non-user).

Super 8 was shown again a couple of nights ago.

Maybe there could be a new sort of WebIf plugin that packages could include to identify potential intermediate files, and then WebIf could have a clean-up function that lists such files and offers to delete them. But personally I'm just not that into it.

I was thinking more of automatically deleting files with temporary suffixes e.g. .part, .DECRYPT etc.. once they get over xx days old?
Just looked up Super 8 - that's not my sort of film at all!! Weird, I obviously must have done it for some reason - watching it wouldn't have been the reason though...
Fortunately as suggested, filezilla deleted it easily enough.

Just thinking maybe the decrypt failed because the disk ran out of space (at the time).

Clean-up: thinking aloud, is the pattern x.y.z sufficient to identify an unwanted file?

Just thinking maybe the decrypt failed because the disk ran out of space (at the time).

Clean-up: thinking aloud, is the pattern x.y.z sufficient to identify an unwanted file?
I don't think I've ever filled up the disk that much, however that it was over 5GB again does make me wonder if it was the same problem as I had that started all this off!

Interesting question, don't 'normal' files have a fairly small number of suffixes?
.hmt, .nts, .ts, .thm, hmi, .mp4 etc.
Similarly anything ending .part or .DECRYPT is presumably a temporary file - or at least not normally usable? (Just guessing really)

does make me wonder if it was the same problem as I had that started all this off!
I shouldn't think so. The (hardware) decryption process is not memory intensive, just a case of copying a file from one place to another.

Interesting question, don't 'normal' files have a fairly small number of suffixes?
.hmt, .nts, .ts, .thm, hmi, .mp4 etc.
Similarly anything ending .part or .DECRYPT is presumably a temporary file - or at least not normally usable? (Just guessing really)
You're talking about specific whitelists or blacklists... not very flexible, and requiring maintenance.

Hence the suggestion that a package capable of generating rubbish should be responsible for identifying it.

Back