Unresponsive Humax HDR-FOX T2

makem

My box no longer responds to the remote or the 'big button'

I have tried turning it off for a few minutes but it still does not respond.

The remote batteries are new.

I have the latest CF installed.

Is the way to go reinstalling the Humax firmware and CF?

What does the front display show when you turn on the Mains supply?
Do you have Telnet access to he Humax?
We would need to find out if the unit is in a state where it could accept new firmware first

When I turn on it returns to the last tv program that was on.

Something strange just happened:

I connected via webIF and it took a long time to connect but eventually did. When I next looked t the tv it was displaying the guide which was a button on the remote I had pressed some time earlier. However, it is still unresponsive.

webIF is warning about a HD problem disk pending sector count 1, disk offline sector 1 - go to diagnostics.

It sounds like it is "busy" - can you hear any disk thrashing? When you manage to turn it off, does it drop to stand-by after a while or is it permanently half-awake (Ethernet lights flashing, USB drives powered up, WebIF available)? When it powers up, does it go to fully operational immediately or does it go through the boot process? What messages appear on the front panel while it boots?

It sounds like it is "busy" - can you hear any disk thrashing? When you manage to turn it off, does it drop to stand-by after a while or is it permanently half-awake (Ethernet lights flashing, USB drives powered up, WebIF available)? When it powers up, does it go to fully operational immediately or does it go through the boot process? What messages appear on the front panel while it boots?

Sorry cant do any of that as currently attempt a disk repair.

It has found a fault in a block marked as in use and is now search (has been for a long while) for inode.

It has now returned saying the following file contains a corrupt block and cannot be fully recovered. Suggest deleting or recover from backup.

debugfs 1.41.14 (2-Dec-2010)

Now as no file is yet shown I am not sure what to do next.

All finished now and fixed I am pleased to say.

The file which was corrupt was the redring log so I don't think I will miss that.

Thanks for the help.

Back