Unresponsive Timeshift Function

On a couple of occasions my HDR has failed to respond to a pause/rewind remote control when viewing live (remote switched to PVR-mode). A quick power-cycle using the remote restored the function but that defeated the original aim. Will monitor for further occurrences.

As a side-effect of my button-pushing, during my attempts to activate the Ttimeshift Pause I discovered that when switched to TV-mode my standard Humax remote control causes my Panasonic TX-32LMD70 TV to stop updating its video whilst allowing the audio to continue. Confusion reigned for a while after this occurred for the first time. Subsequent trials found that this operation affected the TV when in its native mode, when fed through HDMI from the HDR and when fed with VGA input from my PC. I can't remember what code I used to program the remote, probably the first Panasonic code that worked.

Martin

It won't respond within the first 30 seconds (maybe) of the buffer starting (following changing channel for example), but then after that...

You have to have entered timeshift mode for the cursor left/right buttons or the skip forward button to work, pause or skip back should get you into timeshift mode in the first place.

Noted. Tried Pause and Skip Back to no avail at the time. Pause did not bring up the timeline even after a number of minutes on the same channel and no recorcdings taking place. Perhaps it was only finger trouble so will be more careful next time.

Thsnks

Martin

On a couple of occasions my HDR has failed to respond to a pause/rewind ...

There is another possible cause for this, If you change channel by pressing say the '1' button on the remote, wait until the new channel is displayed and then press '1' again the channel will obviously not change BUT it will stop pause, re-wind etc. from working, there is a slightly longer explanation HERE

Back