1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual wifi behaviour

Discussion in 'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder' started by stevec, Jan 16, 2012.

  1. stevec

    stevec New Member


    I've got at odd issue. I bought a compatible wifi dongle and originally couldn't connect until I renamed the router's SAID to the same but with underscores replacing spaces (then a wifi scan from the humax box found it).

    Today, I had to reboot the router and the wifi connection from the humax has been lost (all the other devices in threw house that use wifi are still working ok.

    I've checked the router config and it all looks ok. The humax can also see neighbour's wifi.

    Any thoughts on what could be the issue?

  2. Black Hole

    Black Hole May contain traces of nut

    Try booting the router again, and if that fails try a factory reset. You've proved the connection can work, and all you've fiddled with to stop it is the router, so I say there's smoke coming from that barrel.
  3. stevec

    stevec New Member

    Thanks for the quick reply, I found a solution, I changed the router's beacon interval down from 100 to 50 (to help with interference) and also fixed the channel to 13 (it was dynamically picking 1). Then it started working.

    Dawned on me that we had a new central heating thermostat installed recently and it uses a wireless connection so that might be the cause of the issue.
  4. Black Hole

    Black Hole May contain traces of nut

    More clutter on the 2.4GHz band!
  5. jack616

    jack616 Member

    Worth getting a copy of Inssider from metageek.net to monitor the channels maybe.
  6. Wallace

    Wallace Slightly Pickled

    I have used Inssider to check my 'WiFi' zone. It's a good program. I used it to move my WiFi channel to a less cluttered part of the spectrum. Worked for me.