Unwanted emails from Remote Scheduling Service

Robhatherton

I keep receiving unwanted emails daily about failed recordings. There seems no option to unsubscribe so how do I stop them please?

Go to the Remote Scheduling Service web site at https://rs.hpkg.tv/ and click "Settings" (top right). Under "Account Settings", "Failed Recording Warning Emails".

Don't you think it would be better to track down the failed recording files on your Humax and delete them? That will stop the warning emails, and still leave them turned on for the next time you get a failed recording.

Sometimes there are orphan files that for some reason weren't deleted along with the main recording that can cause the emails

Try looking at the Humax disk with File explorer to see if you can spot what is amiss.

Perhaps the emails could give more details of what problem has been detected.

Does the remote scheduler service also check the "undelete" folder for failed recordings? Maybe this is where the warnings are coming from?

Does the remote scheduler service also check the "undelete" folder for failed recordings? Maybe this is where the warnings are coming from?
Custom firmware operations (apart from scheduled deletions from the [Deleted Items] folder) are set up to ignore/ not perform operations on folders with names enclosed in square brackets.
Usually an e-mail from the RS service about a failed recording refers to an orphaned HMT file as these are created even if the recording in question fails. In my experience, the e-mail contains the name and location of the file that requires deletion.

These emails have been bothering me too in the past, I'm not always at home or forget when I am to delete the offending files. However, I found out today that it's possible to delete recordings (and rogue orphan files) using the Remote Scheduling portal when you are out and about: by clicking on the pie chart on the home screen, you can navigate the recording directories, select the file, then schedule to delete next time the Hummy wakes up.

Feature Request: would it be possible to make the email message sent about the failed recording, provide a link to the directory, thus making the operation of finding and deleting the file much quicker when not at home.
upload_2015-6-2_15-18-31.png

Back