Up to no good...

Lobs some eggs and flour in the general direction of Wallace, who appears to be kitted out to receive same.
Where would you get them from? The shops around here require a pension book or bus pass before they sell you any.

Where would you get them from?
Stock. Although I'd really rather turn them into pancakes and eat them.
The shops around here require a pension book or bus pass before they sell you any.
Eh? Why? Just today I presume. Are you saying that perfectly law abiding adult citizens cannot purchase said items? It's completely ridiculous. I'd have caused a fuss had I wanted some. (Actually I did want some eggs a couple of years ago and there were none on display but there was a sign up saying you had to ask at the counter/till - it was the local garage-mart.)

You mean somebody actually cares???

Eh? Why? Just today I presume.
Yes, and the lead up to it. A few years ago there was a spate of excessive yobbo high-jinx associated with Halloween around here, and the Gwent Police sponsored an adults-only policy on the likes of eggs and flour around local retailers.

No bother to me, my eggs and flour come ready baked.

adults-only policy on the likes of eggs and flour around local retailers.
Yesterday the local Co-op had a message on the door indicating a restriction on eggs and flour. Strangely, not much in the way of yobbish behaviour round here. Just very loud fireworks very close to the house - and not too many of them either.

That would be like debating Roswell with Alex Jones, that guy is a chip off his block.
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Tim_McHyde

A reply to him from your link...............................

Paul Norris - June 28, 2017
"The new number 616 isn’t new, it’s old, that’s the point. It isn’t one man’s opinion either, it’s written as such in the two oldest known versions of the Bible. The Oxyrhynchus papyrus you mention, but it’s written too in the Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, both as a number and text – ‘hexakosiai deka hex’ literally translated as six hundred and sixteen. This latter book is the last of the four uncial manuscripts of the Greek Bible named after Ephraem the Syrian."

@BH No, just a little time to kill and as you well know its always enjoyable playing the Devil's advocate.

Paul Norris - June 28, 2017
"The new number 616 isn’t new, it’s old, that’s the point. It isn’t one man’s opinion either, it’s written as such in the two oldest known versions of the Bible. The Oxyrhynchus papyrus you mention, but it’s written too in the Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus, both as a number and text – ‘hexakosiai deka hex’ literally translated as six hundred and sixteen. This latter book is the last of the four uncial manuscripts of the Greek Bible named after Ephraem the Syrian."

Ah yes, essential bedtime reading! ;)

Back