Update Firmware from HDD

Ezra Pound

I have prevented my HDR from performing an OTA from 1.02.20 to 1.02.28 for the past few nights so that I could do the upgrade at my leisure. I have downloaded both the official 1.02.28 and HDR_FOX_T2_1.02.28_mod_211 hdf files. I have just given up after several attempts to install 1.02.28 via USB without success, using a previously working USB stick and three others. Would it be possible to FTP the hdf files onto the internal hard disk and run the installs from there?
EDIT
Having thought about it, It would only be useful for up grading from old CF to new official Firmware, From official to new CF there would be no Telnet access, so the upgrade would have to be kicked off from the USB anyway. The worry is that if I allow an OTA, that I won't be able to overlay a new CF on top of it.

Do you see any error messages? The usual reasons for failure to bring up the bootloader screen are:
  • Incorrect spelling of filename.
  • Incorrect firmware.
  • USB drive not formatted to FAT32.
  • Additional USB drive connected to the other USB port.

Do you see any error messages? The usual reasons for failure to bring up the bootloader screen are:
  • Incorrect spelling of filename.
  • Incorrect firmware.
  • USB drive not formatted to FAT32.
  • Additional USB drive connected to the other USB port.

I have followed the WiKi (My) notes including all of the above, but this time no deal

usb-tips.jpg

That's worrying. Maybe the download corrupted? Other than that you will have to try the advice we usually give: try other UPDs.

Make sure it's fat32. Make sure it's unzipped and at the root level.. And make sure it's for the right model!

Make sure it's fat32. Make sure it's unzipped and at the root level.. And make sure it's for the right model!

Thanks for the tips, I didn't include all of the WiKi notes (to save space), but they do include :-
  • Download the firmware and, if it is a zip file, extract it
  • Ensure the resulting file name is hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf, place it in the root of a FAT32 formatted USB Flash / disk Drive *
Model is HDR not HD

You have only got one USB device plugged in at a time?
I always have to remove my USB WiFi dongle before Firmware updates.

You probably already know this, but it may help.
Regards, Mike.
Sorry, when I first looked at this thread I was unable to see the WiKi page you linked (not logged in)

You have only got one USB device plugged in at a time?
I always have to remove my USB WiFi dongle before Firmware updates.

Although I had removed a USB HDD prior to doing the upgrade, I now think the Humax had some knowledge that it was there, power cycling a few times without the USB HDD was the only change I did to get it to work, so I have added a bit to the WiKi

usb-tips2.jpg

Back