Update LCNs without retuning

prpr

For the forthcoming changes on 3rd Sep., if you don't want to retune but do want the new LCNs, then here is a quick'n'simple way to do it.
Open a Telnet window to your HDR-Fox T2 and paste in the following commands:
Code:
/etc/init.d/S90settop shut
sleep 2
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "update tbl_svc set uslcn=uslcn+50 where uslcn>=70 and uslcn<=85;"
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "update tbl_svc set uslcn=601 where uslcn=301;"
sync
reboot
Of course, this won't add any channels you are missing nor delete any that have ceased to exist.

I only retuned about a month ago, but there were still several new channels (placeholders) when I retuned again today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the news channels apart from BBC news HD got shifted to 130+. Idiots!

I was a bit surprised when I got home last night to see that despite having the dso package installed and the reminder set my box still did a retune which meant I also lost my timers and favourites list :(

No problem I thought, so I did a restore from the previous days back up which put all my timers back in...... but then after a couple of minutes they all vanished except for two. In the end I did a factory reset and started from scratch.

The disable-dso package cannot work if a Humax is left on most of the time - the Humax firmware injects retune schedule entries whenever it likes, but the custom firmware cannot remove them except at reboot. The same applies to disable-ota, and the reminder entry is only relevant to disable-ota not disable-dso.

How up to date are your packages? The schedule restore process was failing because of the disable-ota reminder schedule entry a short while ago.

How up to date are your packages? The schedule restore process was failing because of the disable-ota reminder schedule entry a short while ago.
I don't think that got fixed, despite my suggestion of how to.

the Humax firmware injects retune schedule entries whenever it likes
On one of my HDR-FOX T2s I mistakenly deleted the schedule's retune event. Have you any ideas how I could have persuaded it to come back?

The disable-dso package cannot work if a Humax is left on most of the time - the Humax firmware injects retune schedule entries whenever it likes, but the custom firmware cannot remove them except at reboot. The same applies to disable-ota, and the reminder entry is only relevant to disable-ota not disable-dso.

I always turn off my box at night time and it was turned off at about 10pm. All my packages are up to date unless anything has changed within the last week which is when I last checked them.
Now you have pointed it out I can now see the difference disable-ota & disable-dso and what has just happened was a dso and not a ota so understand what happened now.

Thank you.

For the forthcoming changes on 3rd Sep., if you don't want to retune but do want the new LCNs, then here is a quick'n'simple way to do it.
For today's changes, open a Telnet window to your HDR-Fox T2 and paste in the following commands:
Code:
sleep 2
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "delete from tbl_svc where uslcn>=70 and uslcn<=85;"
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "delete from tbl_svc where uslcn=301;"
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "delete from tbl_svc where uslcn>=791 and uslcn<=796;"
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "update tbl_svc set uslcn=70 where uslcn=90;"
sync
reboot

Edit: Withdrawn

Adding Motors TV without a retune (I think the details are the same nationally):
Code:
sleep 2
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "INSERT INTO tbl_svc(
usLcn,szSvcName,usSvcId,eSvcType,eVideoType,eCasType,ucVideoCodec,ucAudioCodec,usPmtPid,usVideoPid,
usAudioPid,usPcrPid,usTtxPid,tsIdx,prvIdx,ucSearchFlag,eOrgDeliType,ucAudUserSetFlag,ucSubttlUserFlag,
ucSubttlIdx,ucLocked,usAudioAuxPid,ucSatType,ucSoundMode,ucAudioAuxCodec,usDolbyPid,
ucChListPriority,ucAntIdx,usOnId,usTsId,ucModifiedName,ucDolbyFlag,ucLcnFlag,ucVisibleSvcFlag,
ucDolbyCodec,eOrgSvcType,ulRatingPassedEventId,eSection,eSvcOpType,eUserFlag1,usOrgLcn,
aucDefaultAuthority,ulFTAContentMgr,ucGuidanceType,ucGuidanceMode,szGuidanceStr,stRegionInfo)
VALUES(71,X'154D6F746F7273205456',41136,1,1,1,2,7,1012,921,922,921,8192,11,1,0,2,0,0,255,0,8192,0,0,0,8192,
0,0,9018,40960,0,0,1,1,0,1,4294967295,16,1,2,0,'',0,255,0,'',
(select stRegionInfo from tbl_svc where uslcn=106));
UPDATE tbl_svc set hsvc=((select svcidx from tbl_svc where uslcn=71)+
65536*(select tsidx from tbl_svc where uslcn=71)) where uslcn=71;"
sync
reboot

Last edited:
Interesting. I guess that means you can add a new database entry - I was thinking you can only modify an existing database entry.

Now that I test it again, I find it doesn't survive a reboot. I must have done it using a "S90settop shut", "S90settop resume" process before, which does work.
I therefore feel compelled to withdraw this as it is.

What!!! Saying something without validation! Tut Tut BH, what is the world coming to?

To update CBS Action following yesterday's LCN move:
Code:
sleep 2
sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db "update tbl_svc set uslcn=64 where uslcn=70;"
sync
reboot

..or alternatively (for non-modders) Copy DB to USB (hidden menu), patch the channel.db file using something like DB Browser for SQLite, and then Copy DB to Flash (hidden menu).

More info HERE (click).

Last edited:
I was speculating whether the supposedly generic dbupdate package would be able to cope with this, but, having investigated, it can't. It is not generic enough and too specifically tied to setup.db - shame really. Then we could have just written a file in /mod/boot/dbupdate/ and rebooted and it would all have been taken care of. But not as it currently stands...

Back