Update Nightmare

I did what you said and after loading 1.01.12 i loaded 1.02.20 and its the same, red light 00:02 appears and counts up.

So to clarify update installs successfully, box reboots and snake appears on digital screen.

Hangs for about 1 min then red light and clock counts up.

Going to take it back tomorrow and i hope that the new one does not do the same!

Thanks for all the help

Adam

You still have the option to try af123's tweaked 1.01.12, which might restore the situation and then allow update to 1.02.20 properly.

I think this slipped through my net because I have not been active on the HD-FOX for all that long.

I think taking it back is the best option, something isn't right, and a lot of people have updated their boxes with no problems.

Before you do take it back, I would re-download 1.02.20 and try updating it again.

Also make sure you are downloading the HD version and not just renaming the HDR version.

Before you do take it back, I would re-download 1.02.20 and try updating it again.

Also make sure you are downloading the HD version and not just renaming the HDR version.

Dont take this the wrong way but i cant count how many times i have tried loading 1.02.20 on to this box, i have tried it with 3 different flash drives.

Downloading the firmware from three different computer all with different operating systems, ariel in and out HDMI disconnected and connected even tried it with a SCART lead just to see if it made any difference.

I am 100% that i have the correct firmware and not the HDR version, easy mistake to make but the the firmware versions i have are for the HD-FOX T2.

Taking it back now and will post back here when i hook up the new one, from the sounds of it i have been doing the update correctly.

If anyone can thing of anything i can do to stop this from happening again please let me know.

Thanks for all the help

Adam

Got another box and 1.02.20 when straight on so it must have been a faulty box.

Thanks again

Adam

Just connected my external hard drive and it works great is it possible to watch the recording on your PC?

When i connect my external hard drive its only visible in computer management and i cant access it.

The drive is formatted Ext3 by the Humax, which is a Linux-type format and not directly readable on the PC. You can install a helper application on the PC to make it accessible, but that still won't help - the data is encrypted. To go any further you will need to install the custom software and use that to decrypt first.

Look up "Ext3" in the Glossary of Terms (see the HDR-FOX forum) for more information.

So do i need to download Ext2 Installable File System For Windows and install it?

Also to play encrypted files do i need to download splash player?

You WILL NOT be able to use the recordings files for anything at all unless you first run the custom software "HDR Mode" to decrypt them. Once you have done that probably the best way to get them onto your PC is by FTP (saves mucking about with drivers).

I can't immediately find a reference, but there is much to know before diving in. Start with the easy stuff and get to know the custom software, read the background material on StDef and HiDef decryption (see NEW READERS START HERE at the top of the topics listing).

Back