Update then Snags

Ray Eaves

Hi, I've been using HDR-T2 's for some years without much trouble, however recently there have appeared 'Snags' that I just can't manage,
some assistance would be very much appreciated.
I updated webif [ to 1 5 2-1 ], as my boot up channel wasn't working properly , i thought it would be a good idea, well it hasn't worked out as hoped, here's why --

EPG Very slow,
Sweeper doesn't sweep, the whole 'SWEEPER thing has changed & I cant get it to sweep ..
Decrypt doesn't deecrypt, [ even if I move file into a 'auto decrypt folder, or even a Re cursive foler , i'm lost on that one..
Plus for whatever reason telnet password doesnt 'take' so I cant WIPE all CSW off and start again ..

I'm beyond trying things I know little about, some ' profensional help' would ease my burden .
many thanks for looking at this, if you can help I would be much obliged.
Ray

1: Wrong section of the forum, presuming you think this relates to the custom firmware. I'll ask for it to be moved...

2. Not enough detail. What version of CF and standard firmware are you running (see bottom right corner of WebIF home page)?

3: Telnet should not be your first point of call these days – presuming your CF is sufficiently up-to-date (you really should be on 3.13 minimum) then the webshell package is your friend. If installed: WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Command Line.

4: For starters, I recommend you update the CF to 3.13 minimum, then proceed as per Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click). And run WebIF >> Diagnostics >> fix-flash-packages.

5: Not sure about the sweeper thing, I guess stuff is generally broken at the moment.

6: Decrypt might simply be that the content sharing has turned itself off.

Last edited:
1: Wrong section of the forum, presuming you think this relates to the custom firmware. I'll ask for it to be moved...

2. Not enough detail. What version of CF and standard firmware are you running (see bottom right corner of WebIF home page)?

3: Telnet should not be your first point of call these days – presuming your CF is sufficiently up-to-date (you really should be on 3.13 minimum) then the webshell package is your friend. If installed: WebIF >> Diagnostics >> Command Line.

4: For starters, I recommend you update the CF to 3.13 minimum, then proceed as per Quick Guide to Disk Recovery (click). And run WebIF >> Diagnostics >> fix-flash-packages.

5: Not sure about the sweeper thing, I guess stuff ius generally broken at the moment.

6: Decrypt might simply be that the content sharing has turned itself off

Attachments

• 1691438085290.png
    1691438085290.png
    493 bytes · Views: 16
What is that supposed to be? This is an example of what we need (and what you should see on the WebIF):

Web interface version: 1.5.2-1
Custom firmware version: 3.14 (build 1585851755)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.14)
Loader Version: a7.31
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7104239 01397
Last Boot Reason: Power cycle

Hi Black Hole, Thanks for your response, at the moment I'm copying all the saved files to a USB, Then i'll start with your suggestions..
Humax Version: it's listed as >> 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13) which is my Custom software ref.
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028) its saved on a disk as 1-03-12 3 .13
Web interface version: 1.5.2-1.

Just spotted this maybe my 'genuine 'standard' Humax software isn't loaded , according to webif [btm right]
anyhow I'll keep copying files Then start work
Thanks again
ray..

Sorry about that, here's the info you requested---
Web interface version: 1.5.2-1
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.33
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7105763 00596
Last Boot Reason: Power cycle
Thanks, I'll start on this tomorrow when all copying is done...
ray

at the moment I'm copying all the saved files to a USB
Not a bad idea, but you probably don't need to and the process is slow and can be temperamental.

Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
OK, well at least you're sufficiently up to date. We have had people come on and say why isn't it working, only to find their firmware was in the dark ages.

Hi Thanks for your continued help, here's where i'm up to--
done Fix Flash packages, Fix-disk , Check HDD via Humax menus, then CFW RESET
now I don't understand the DISK data after checks, 2 screen grabs attached.. would you mind please giving me your opinion of them
Thanks , ray

Attachments

• 1...DIAGS  FOR DISK SNAGS #### Humax HDR Fox T2 (X1) - Diagnostics.png
    1...DIAGS FOR DISK SNAGS #### Humax HDR Fox T2 (X1) - Diagnostics.png
    94.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2...disk fault after cfw reset at 10-08-15 Humax HDR Fox T2 (x1) (humax).png
    2...disk fault after cfw reset at 10-08-15 Humax HDR Fox T2 (x1) (humax).png
    403.8 KB · Views: 20
Fix-disk package was already loaded, ran it using DIAGS / run Diagnostics , typed in " fix-disk"
incidently just looking again now at my Hummy its decrypting stuff

Hi, Black Hole, THANKS for you guidance on the above problem, with your suggestions I've managed to get my machine back and running well.
the only thing left to do is to get my head 'around' the 'Sweper rules' as the last time I set them up was a l o n g time ago.
Without the help from this forum, we'd all be stuck with no one to assist
Many Thanks Ray

Back