Updated Disk Contents

Hi Guys

When I woke up at 03:30hrs this morning and when to get a drink of water, I noticed that my broadband router lights were flashing, indicating that the hummy was on, even though the lights said it was in standby and it was not recording. When I looked at the remote scheduling site this morning and looked at the Device Logs I can see that it woke up at 02:03hrs to "Update disk contents", is this normal and does anyone know how long an update to the disk contents take, as I assume it should not have still been on at 03:30hrs?

Having looked at the logs for the last few days, it looks like my hummy has updated the disk contents early every day in the early morning at various times and then booted at the 04:30hrs as usual, but did not boot at 04:30hrs this morning due to the disable OTA package I installed yesterday, so I know that works, thanks for adding this guys, I prefer to run my own updates when I decide to!

Thanks

Andrew

The rs package won't wake the box up by itself, it just takes advantage of the first boot of the day to do a disk contents update, whenever that is. The reason for it waking up must have been something else.

The disable OTA package is a work in progress - I'm not sure yet that it does everything necessary to disable it, but it's a start!

The rs package won't wake the box up by itself, it just takes advantage of the first boot of the day to do a disk contents update, whenever that is. The reason for it waking up must have been something else.

Hmm, well no idea why it was "awake" but as nothing untoward seems to have happened, so I will leave it alone! Looks like my box wakes up at random times, unless I have a gremlin who is watching TV late at night!! :eek:

The disable OTA package is a work in progress - I'm not sure yet that it does everything necessary to disable it, but it's a start!

Well I am grateful to you guys for doing this work, as it is benefiting us non techies who wouldn't be able to work this stuff out without some serious classroom time! And after I have had to learn i am not up to the standard required when it comes to tweaking IT (too many times "installed" software and had to revert to the original state), I leave it alone, and only play when I can easily swap back!:)

Have a look at the schedule, either Guide.. Yellow or on the WebIF (preferred, more detail), and see if it offers a clue. The OTA schedule will be in there (only visible on the WebIF). Also see what your power on/off timers are set up to.

Have a look at the schedule,either Guide.. Yellow or on the WebIF (preferred, more detail), and see if it offers a clue. The OTA schedule will be in there. Also see what your power on/off timers are set up to.

Thanks Black Hole, I have checked what time the box wakes (07:00hrs) and goes to sleep (23:00hrs) and there were no events scheduled at 03:30hrs, and as the box lights were in standby (orange) and no recordings were happening (nothing scheduled and the recording indicator was not showing on the front panel) I couldn't work out why it was "awake" the disk was spinning (box vibrating when hand placed on top) and it was connected to the network (router lights showing).

The only thing I have noticed in the WebIF scheduled events, is a series recording of Room 101 Extra on Sunday night, and the Start Time and Duration columns are dashes, when I hover over the Start Time box it shows: "Last: Sun 29th Jan,<br> 23:30". The guide on the box it all looks OK. Could this be the reason it was still "awake" after a disk update as it looks like the event didn't update correctly after recording the episode last Sunday night ?

That's all I can think of!

My box booted up at 02:30 today for no apparent reason too, although I do have a sleep event programmed for that time!

timers.png

It turned itself off at 07:15. I wonder if it is a symptom of having unbalanced sleep/wake-up timers?

Back