Updated Fox HDR T2 firmware - must I reinstall Webif?

AlWilson

Hi,
I'll apologize up front because this is probably an obvious thing, but I haven't updated the firmware for some time and have just upgraded to HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.03 because my hummy has locked up twice recently and has needed a power reset to bring it back.
Anyways, I updated the firmware without and problems and the humax booted up and works fine. However, when I tried to connect to it from my PC using Webif I was not able to connect.
So, very simple question, if I upgrade the firmware do I also need to reinstall Webif again from a USB stick?
Thanks for your help.
Al

Whoah there - hold on. I tried using my head a bit (just a bit) and used an app on my phone to scan for devices with IP addresses and I could not see the humax. Maybe installing new firmware resets the network setting so I'll go into the setting set up the network config again.

Nope. Network is set up OK (and claims to be connected!) but I still cannot see it remotely. Maybe I need to reset the WiFi dongle.
Any ideas?

Can your router 'see' it? ("Connected devices", or similar). I suppose if it's getting a dynamic IP adress, then the answer is 'yes'.

Funny think. The IP address just became visible and everything is working fine now. So, no need to re-install WebIf and my installed packages are still there. Not sure why I had the problem to begin with but all is now OK. I just hope the hummy stops freezing!

Oh Hi Trev, Just saw your comment. It was set up manually to my chosen IP address. I tested the portal connection and it worked fine and then I saw the IP address pop up on my phone scanner app. Then I connected from my PC browser with no problems. Why it took so long to show up confuses me but it's all OK now.

Was it the Foxsat that you had to put in a workgroup then? Or am I just dreaming stuff

Dunno what I'm thinking of raydon, but I was certain that I had to put in my workgroup on either my T2 or my Foxsat with the CF. But then again, maybe not, in which case :oops:

Back