Updated to 1:03:12 from 1:02:29 and now TV Portal doesn't work

grahamlthompson

Hi just flashed one of my Foxsat-hdrs to CF 1:03:12. If I press the TV portal button I get the usual menu after pressing red. None of the number buttons do anything so can't access any on demand content.

Also found that the remote control in the webif doesn't work.

Last edited:
Hi just flashed one of my Foxsat-hdrs to CF 1:03:12. If I press the TV portal button I get the usual menu after pressing red. None of the number buttons do anything so can't access any on demand content.

Also found that the remote control in the webif doesn't work.
Let's assume you mean HDR-FOX...

If you have updated to CF3.0 for 1.03.12 from 1.02.xx, the custom portals for 1.02.xx won't work in 1.03.xx (with the new browser incorporated). You need to uninstall the existing custom portal package and use new-portal.

Last edited:
Let's assume you mean HDR-FOX...

If you have updated to CF3.0 for 1.03.12 from 1.02.xx, the custom portals for 1.02.xx won't work in 1.03.xx (with the new browser incorporated). You need to uninstall the existing custom portal package and use new-portal (or whatever it's called - I can't check at the moment).

Thanks - sorted out Remote see above

Portal now working OK - thanks again

Last edited:
Not been here for a while now, decided to upgrade to customised firmware CF3.0 from 1.03.12, I have the same issue as above but require info please on how to uninstall the existing portal and load the new one please, I guess its via the web interface again ?

Funny enough I just found it at the same time as your post, thanks. I have tried removing and reloading, shutting down in between but still cannot select any options. Any ideas ?

I should add that New Portal works fine.

Funny enough I just found it at the same time as your post, thanks. I have tried removing and reloading, shutting down in between but still cannot select any options. Any ideas ?

I should add that New Portal works fine.
I have no idea what you mean "still cannot select any options". What options are you trying to select?

Have we tried a cold boot after removing the old portal and putting in the new portal. I seem to recall I did many moons ago as I was going round in circles. Just a good idea if it's still not behaving itself. Switch off with remote. Hold the unit until the unit goes click and the drive stops spinning monitoring the vibration. I do by touch rather than listening. Then power off, switch at the back, count to 5 and switch back on, then on again with remote. It might make a difference.

Yes I have tried the standby method described after any process has been completed.
When the portal is open, I can see the options in the highlighted colours, I select one by choosing the colour but that's all it will do, I am unable to move to any further selection on any of the colours, the only button that does something is exit.
Most likely its something I have not done.

I meant more than standby but a complete reboot with the power out which may be what you meant ?. But under available apps you put the cursor on it and can press OK e.g. BBC iPlayer and it will load up. You populate the favourites with the add button, can rearrange and hit OK when on it to launch.

I do know I did have a problem when I came to use the new portal due to the old custom still being enabled and it did strange things if you didn't disable it. The notes at that time were not too good. But not sure whether this is what you are explaining or not. You may need the experts....

Stephen, I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you please confirm your firmware version and the portal package name? Kind of sounds like you have the wrong package installed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back