1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade From Customised Firmware v3.00 to new v3.13

Discussion in 'HD/HDR-FOX T2 Customised Firmware' started by aesmith, Sep 5, 2017.

1. aesmith

aesmith Member

Hi,

My box is currently running v3.00. What is the process to install the current version v3.13? Do I just install via the same process as if it was being installed for the first time? If so, will all the various packages be retained, or do I need to reinstall these? Any risk to recorded content?

Current versions are ..
    Web interface version: 1.4.2-7
    Custom firmware version: 3.00 (build 2137)
    Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.00)
    Loader Version: a7.30
    System ID: 80bc.7e00​

Thanks,

Tony S

2. MontysEvilTwin

MontysEvilTwin Well-Known Member

As with any firmware upgrade on the HDR-FOX (custom or regular) you copy the upgrade file to the root of a FAT32 formatted USB stick, plug it in to the unit and start it up. When it says 'End' on the front panel, remove the USB stick and press the on button (front of unit) to restart.
    Your packages will still be installed, and the on disk recordings will be unchanged.

3. aesmith

aesmith Member

Thanks, same process as the original install. Will see if I can get that done tonight.

4. smoo

smoo New Member

How did the upgrade go?
    I'm thinking of doing the same, but everything seems ok as it is, so I wonder if the upgrade has any benefits.

5. aesmith

aesmith Member

Hi, the upgrade went perfectly smoothly. Didn't fix ftp though,

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

It will if you have to recover your HDD!!! The CF updates typically fall into three categories: enforced by a Humax firmware update; tweaks to support a new package; improvements to off-line diagnostic and repair utilities. You definitely want the latter, just in case.

7. peterworks

peterworks Member

What is the problem with ftp ?

8. Black Hole

Black Hole Felinos Guru

1. Menu >> Settings >> Internet Setting >> FTP Server = Off
    2. WebIF >> Package Management >> Available >> betaftpd >> Install
    Problem with FTP solved. If not, it's your end not the HDR-FOX.

9. smoo

smoo New Member

Thanks for the advise, looks like I will be updating soon.

10. smoo

smoo New Member

After some E-HC errors the upgrade worked. I think the 1st mem stick I used caused the errors.