Upgrade HD (again): what drive and how to connect

Levy

Hi,

I have a 500mb drive that is almost full and I want to install a new drive and then transfer all the recordings over to the new drive.

I've read several threads on here about that, but some are very old with the links to drives etc out of date.

I am running standard firmware (latest version).

Could anybody help me with:

1. A good 1Tb or 2TB drive to buy (I understand this has to be a "video" hard drive);

2. How do I copy the files over? By that I mean how do I connect the drives? Can I just put the new drive into the Hummy and then connect the old via USB and copy files files using the standard copy and paste Hummy function OR do I need to connect both drives to my laptop and do it? Also can anybody show me what connecting cables for USB and power are required for whatever way is used?

Thanks so much!

2. How do I copy the files over? By that I mean how do I connect the drives? Can I just put the new drive into the Hummy and then connect the old via USB and copy files files using the standard copy and paste Hummy function
Hi Levy.

Yes you can just put the new drive into the Hummy and then connect the old via USB and copy files files using the standard copy and paste Hummy function.
SD recordings will take about 5 minutes for each 1GB, unless they are already decrypted.
HD recordings will take a little over 1 minute for each 1GB.

Back