upgrade / update

forkboy

I'm not of a techhy bent as I see a lot of the folk on here are!

my 9200T is really clunky and I'm thinking of buying a new PVR if I'm to be honest but wonder if one last software upgrade on this unit might be worth it - is it still supported?

Can I download off the internet somehow or what do I need to do for an OTA which I see is scheduled for next Friday (10th Feb)

Thanks in advance

my 9200T is really clunky and I'm thinking of buying a new PVR if I'm to be honest but wonder if one last software upgrade on this unit might be worth it - is it still supported?

Can I download off the internet somehow or what do I need to do for an OTA which I see is scheduled for next Friday (10th Feb)
What software version is your box currently running? What problems are you experiencing?

Hi Martin

I will check the software cersion this evening and post.

A few problems - running very slow - so that when functions are pressed the box is responding a few moments later leading to constant rewinding / forwarding to get to the part of the prog I want. Also notice that some of the titles in the Recorded list are duplicated and when you go into open and play them they are not the prog they claim to be.

When it come to updating the software OTA do I need to leave the machine ON to receive the update please? I see there is something scheduled soon.

Thanks

A few problems - running very slow - so that when functions are pressed the box is responding a few moments later leading to constant rewinding / forwarding to get to the part of the prog I want.
That could be caused by not using the latest software version.
Also notice that some of the titles in the Recorded list are duplicated and when you go into open and play them they are not the prog they claim to be.
That is due to the file system getting itself confused. A format from the HDD control menu will fix it but will of course delete all your recordings. However if you don't do anything about it the problem will get worse and eventually all recordings will vanish from the list.
When it come to updating the software OTA do I need to leave the machine ON to receive the update please? I see there is something scheduled soon.
To do an automatic update you need to leave the box in standby (ie not displaying a picture) overnight. Alternatively you can initiate the update manually with the box active any time whilst the update is being broadcast.

Thanks for all the above - I think I'm running an old version here - PGXTF 1.00 .21

Have a great weekend Martin

Thanks all - formatted the drive and will perform a Software update this weekend so hopefully that'll do the trick

Cheers
Jeff

Back