Upgrading HDD from 500GB to 1TB or 2TB with CF installed

NeilN

Hi Guys

This may have been answered elsewhere.

I recently purchased a second T2 (500GB model). CF, WebIF and wanted packages installed and all up and running.
What do I need to do to replace the original 500GB HDD with a new Seagate Pipeline HD ST1000VM002 1TB, with already CF installed?
I've recently replaced the 1TB in my other T2 (non-CF) so that side of is not an issue. Do I have to re-install CF, WebIF and my packages again?

Thanks

It can be done - but frankly you might as well reinstall. The CF itself is in the flash so that will still be there. Connecting through a web browser will then produce the download page to install the basic WebIF etc, and then you just pick what you want on the Package Management.

Cheers BH, that's all I needed to know. I'll just re-install WebIF and packages once HDD upgraded- the obviously easier option :)

I will also be upgrading recently repaired T2 with CF.

...with regards to CF packages - how many is too many to install, before the hummy starts to slow down...? I'm assuming there is some sort of limit in the flash? Has anyone installed all the CF packages and the hummy still works ok? - just curious :)

...with regards to CF packages - how many is too many to install, before the hummy starts to slow down...? I'm assuming there is some sort of limit in the flash? Has anyone installed all the CF packages and the hummy still works ok? - just curious :)
Many (most?) packages do not require to be flash resident and just occupy normal disk space and are tiny compared to recordings so not a concern.
The bigger concern would be with processor usage and trying to avoid too many processes that run simultaneously processing the entire recording file.
Potentially long running processed are already serialized to minimize the impact.

I'm sure I must have more packages loaded than I need as I used to download things which sounded like they might be interesting, and now I'm reluctant to remove some of them because they may be required by other packages. The obvious answer is revert to original defaults and start again, which is fine if you have multiple HDRs - which many members seem to - and can afford to take a unit out of use for a while, but not so attractive for people like me with a single unit in constant use. Is there any way of checking the last-time-run for a package?

I've followed the evolution of the detectads package as it has developed - many thanks to all concerned. After the last "chaserun" revision I started to suffer the occaisional failed recording and some quite bad picture breakup (pixillation) at times. I might have been recording two programmes simultaneously whilst watching another (off-air or playback) which is another disadvantage of having only one unit. With the processor/hdd doing the detection, cropping, splicing, renaming and removing the temporary files on the fly I'm not really surprised. I was thinking that I might need to go back to the previous "traditional" sequential processing. However, I have unchecked the "delete original after processing" and this seems to have prevented further problems, although I can't think why as it is an insignificant part of the processing load. Anyone else had similar experience?

I'm sure I must have more packages loaded than I need as I used to download things which sounded like they might be interesting, and now I'm reluctant to remove some of them because they may be required by other packages.
You can't remove packages on which something else depends.
Is there any way of checking the last-time-run for a package?
No. A package consists of (potentially) many things and not all of them 'run'.

Back