upgrading the hard drive

wwehbk77

I just upgraded the hard drive to 1tb I was just wondering if I put a 2tb drive in if I can format 2tb drive with the humax box instead of putting it in the pc and partion the drive

I was just wondering if I put a 2tb drive in if I can format 2tb drive with the humax box instead of putting it in the pc and partion the drive
You can do it on the Humax. As Ezra has said, some users claim that 1.03.12 will format drives bigger than 1TB but providing you are happy working from the command line then af123's wiki blog shows how to do it on the box using the command line interface provided by the custom firmware, see http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/2TB_Disk_Installation_Blog

but can you just let the humax format 2tb drive instead of using a command line and I wonder if you can put in 4tb drive

If you have Firmware versions 1.03.06, 1.03.11 or 1.03.12, yes, you can let the Humax format a 2TB hard drive. no-one has reported a drive bigger that 2TB working on the Humax even when formatted externally

When was the last time anybody jumped on a typo?
Probably here on Jan 30th when you yourself corrected the OP on the spelling of the word 'sightings'. He later corrected this error in the original post but the comment from 'tell' a couple of posts down gives food for thought. And yes, I do know the difference between a typo and a spelling mistake but I would not feel the need to point out either as long as the subject matter was clear.

Back