Upgrading

Robster

Hi guys, I've got a foxsat hdr running custom firmware but am interested in upgrading. What's the latest humax box?

I miss not being able to stream recording content from the hdr to other TVs with chromecast. Do any of the latest boxes allow this?

All the later Humax freesat records have the same functionality as each other. They run on the same firmware. The latest version running this is the HDR-1100S.

The HDR-1100S is more locked down than the Foxsat.

Arris are the next manufacturers partners for freesat. The last announcement that a saw, was that Arris recorders would be available in 2019. With nothing since mentioned that I can find I'm doubting that date. Arris should be able to provide a far more modern experience if you can wait, (and obviously check any real reviews of using the recorder, once Arris freesat recorders are available).

Hi guys, I've got a foxsat hdr running custom firmware but am interested in upgrading. What's the latest humax box?

I miss not being able to stream recording content from the hdr to other TVs with chromecast. Do any of the latest boxes allow this?

No streaming from but you can stream Foxsat recordings that have no encryption to a second generation Humax Freesat + box. You will need Raydons convert files to play the primary audio track. The picture is superior this way as it avoids the Humax Video processing.

Foxsat Video processing, seeing as both boxes are made by Humax.

As that was the source, I assumed that would be obvious. The Foxsat-HDR has always had a somewhat soft 1080i output (and of course lacks the de-interlacing option and frame doubling option that the G2 boxes have) .

I haven't tried the Foxsat-HDR streamed to the new box with 1080i out selected. As the picture is superior with 1080p50 out selected - np point.

Though as it's now directly connected to a new 55" 4K LG OLED (hdcp 2.2 ports), surprisingly the picture is much improved using the boxes own HDMI output.

Back