Upnp server

On my Nexus 7, Mediahouse works fine with the standard HDR-FOX DLNA server. I did have trouble a few weeks ago though, but this went away with an update. Check for a Mediahouse update and see what happens. Skifta is also good as a DLNA client on android.

I normally use VPlayer with ES on a Nexus 7 2012 model but thought I would give Mediahouse a go. VPlayer doesn't need Media Tomb installed. It's 1.5.0 (26) is the version of Mediahouse. I use BetaFTP but I'm sure I will be told this doesn't have a bearing.

I have taken Media Tomb back out again still working but haven't rebooted box yet...

Okay suddenly had a thought and decided to check. Vlc will not play the files even though it shows them.

It gives error could not download device description! Fetching data from http://192.168.1.69:49152 and then :50001

Also cannot connect to 192.168.1.69:9000

Any ideas

Angels fear to tread etc. Have you managed to get it to play anything including the MP4 iPlayer saved streams ?. They should play without any reprocessing. If you can't play them, then yes there is a problem. I must admit that I don't aim to copy video stuff of the Humax to play on mobile devices. I copy them off to use on another Humax, audio something different.

The TS files are the raw data streams with the MPEG free view data streams that need work done on it prior to playing on other devices (short answer). Will leave others to tell you which bits of the custom software to use for the rest.

It was working and playing recordings from the humax. In fact I was very pleased with it as it enabled me to catch up with recordings I made in the kitchen.

It then stopped working without (I think) anything changing.

However, vlc does not seem to play anything.

Even a file I put on the humax via FTP.

Try this:

Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = Off
WebIF >> Diagnostics >> DLNA Server >> Reset DLNA Database
Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Content Share = On

If that doesn't help, go for broke:

Menu >> Settings >> Installation >> Factory Default
(Be aware that this will require you to retune and reinstate all user settings, and restore the recording schedule either manually or from WebIF backup.)

Back