Usable as PVR?

Chris Green

On behalf of a friend of mine who has one of these single tuner satellite boxes, can anyone tell me if it has received any kind of firmware upgrade to allow use of an external USB drive for PVR purposes? I'm thinking that maybe since they've done it for the HD-FOX T2 Freeview version, they may have done it here too, or maybe it's planned to happen.

Hi Graham
It dies record to external USB drive formatted in EXT 3 format from software version 1.01.08and the latest version is 1.01.12. You can also watch other channels on the same mux used for recording
Kirit

Hi Graham
It dies record to external USB drive formatted in EXT 3 format from software version 1.01.08and the latest version is 1.01.12.
I think you are getting confused between the FOX HD-T2 (which can record to an external USB drive) and the FOXSAT HD-T2 which cannot and is at version 1.00.26.

Hi Graham
It dies record to external USB drive formatted in EXT 3 format from software version 1.01.08and the latest version is 1.01.12. You can also watch other channels on the same mux used for recording
Kirit
I think that you are getting mixed up here, this thread is about the Foxsat HD Freesat Satellite Receiver, whilst the software versions that you mention are for the HD-FOX T2 FreeviewHD Terrestrial Receiver.

Back