USB Drive - Network Shares Automount

MontysEvilTwin

I've got a HD Fox (1.02.29) and a HDR Fox (1.02.32) both running CFW 2.18. Using the foxlink package I can play content from the HDR Fox on the HD Fox. I would also like to map a usb hard drive that is connected to the HDR Fox. I can access this usb drive using an SMB share (network shares automount) but this is shared at the media folder level; ideally I would like a folder within the usb drive to be at the top level of the share, or failing this, the root of the usb drive at the top level. I've not been able to do this with either SMB or NFS, has anybody else had any luck?

I have now managed to get where I wanted by reading lots of forum posts and trying things out. By default, the mount point for an SMB share, using network shares automount (NSA), is the media folder. Additional mounts can be added (thanks Black Hole) by editing the SMB configuration file as described previously (Network Shares Automount package released thread p.24, #472). I could create a mount within the usb hard drive plugged in to my HDR Fox by this method.

As expected, I could not mount the usb drive (or folders within) using nfs with NSA. To mount the media folder of a HDR Fox the parameter within /[ModSettings]/nfs/'share' is 'folder=_mnt_hd2' (Network Shares Automount package released thread p.23, #448) but I found that this did not work when mounting the media folder of a HD Fox: 'folder=_media' is required as the setting. It is case sensitive: 'folder=_Media' does not work. I could mount directly into the video folder of the HD Fox by setting the parameter 'folder=_media_drive1_Video'.

Hope this is helpful and I am not going over old ground. Now it is all set up I am happy, but I was tearing my hair out for a while!

Back